1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone know a stock fitter in downstate NY?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BuckeyeLeadslinger, Apr 5, 2013.

1. BuckeyeLeadslinger

BuckeyeLeadslinger TS Member

Looking to get my trap gun stock fitted. I'm around Westchester county and willing to drive an hour or so if necessary. Please let me know, Thanks

2. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I think 2 of the best closest to you are

Allem Gun Craft----Zionsvill,Pa
    Phone # 215-679-9016-----Allem Guns are great----I'v dealt with John and Nancy for over 10 yrs---You won't be sorry---Deal with Nancy and Then John

Joe Goldberg---------Just 20 mi south of Atlantic City

Phone # 609-213-6187

Joe is doing a fitted stock for me and it looks and feels great

Joe is great at what he does--

Another advantage to going to Joe is he's just 20 mi south of Atlantic City,N.J.---You can stop by and get fitted and make a stay in AC

Who knows---You may just win enough to pay for your time

George@SJB

3. BuckeyeLeadslinger

Thanks for the input, what negative feed back has Joe had?

4. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

Bloomberg?

5. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Joe is a one man show and his turn around has made some unhappy---He does it all himself----Fitting----stock making----Chcekering---ETC---Right now he's doing 5 stocks and you should see the work-----There are others but when you price out them and Joe I think his price for what you get is well worth it.
    When your talking about a fitted stock,to get it right you may need 2 or 3 fittings----In your area,I'd suggest Allem's or Joe only because of your travel time----Allem's are so busy that their turn around time is long also.
    I use Joe because I'v seen his work and can be sure I'm getting what I planned for----Just remember that there are always two sides to negitive feedback---

You won't go wrong with either---Joe or Allem's-----

JMO-----George@SJB

6. BuckeyeLeadslinger

I just bought a new gun and just looking to get it fitted to me. I'm not looking to get a stock made. I have been shooting my grandfather's old BT99 for years that he passed down to me and wanting to get more serious about shooting trap so bought a new gun. Would this involve the same lengthy process?

7. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Sorry---I thought you wanted the stock made---I'd then go to
    Ed Yanchok
    Warren N.J.
    phone # 908-753-2365

He'd give you all the necessary info needed---
    Just give him a call and tell him what your looking for and he'll stear you in the right direction---He may even know someone closer----George@SJB

8. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I do most of my fittings at the Howell trap club near Frehold NJ but as George says I am booked for about a month I'm building George his second stock.

Joe