1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone interested in Free Shot for a Year?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by LittleJimWalker, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LittleJimWalker

LittleJimWalker TS Member

Okay, yeah, that topic is a bit of a "come on". But it is legit; I really am offering Free Shot for A Year.

Many of you know that I'm struggling to get a new business 'DeadBird Shot' off of the ground. I've got a great product and a large customer base with more demand that I ever anticipated. The brick wall I keep running into is keeping raw materials flowing in. My solution to that problem is to mine or reclaim lead from skeet/trap ranges. In an effort to fund the purchase of mining equipment to put the final piece of the puzzle into place, I really am offering free shot for one year (50 lbs./month). What's the catch? Of course theres' a catch. Basically, you pay $1200, and you recieve 50 lbs. of shot plus $100 every month for a year - you get your money back, and free shot for one year.

I'm not going to make a whole big pitch here, but if you're at all interested, please take a look at my website (http://www.DeadBirdShot.com) to get the details, and drop me an email or PM if you have any thoughts or questions.

BTW: Anyone else notice that the market price for lead has risen some 70% or so since the first of the year? Wonder what's going to happen to shot prices?

Got an Email saying "sounds too good to be true", then I realized that I should have mentioned that I'm limiting the offer of free shot to only 15 orders.. Giving away free shot to any and all WOULD be too good to be true (and kinda stupid on my part!)

Thanks All,
    Jim Walker
    DeadBirdShot.com

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Not too shabby, $500+ interest on a $1200 investment. Wish I had the spare $ to do it, I'd be there in a heartbeat...

3. LittleJimWalker

Skeet_man~

I appreciate the support, and I'm not interested in pressure selling, but just to give you something to think about, I have three shooters from my local club who've banded together to share the cost and the shot.

Thanks Again,
    Jim Walker

4. Gunnerandbabe

Gunnerandbabe TS Member

Where are you Jim?

5. LittleJimWalker

I'm in Tallahassee, Fl, in the stormy, nasty, wet "Sunshine State"!!

But thanks to the internet and USPS, locale is irrelevant -- I routinely ship shot to customers from Maine to California!

6. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Jim..... You have a PM..... Dan

7. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Jim..... You have a PM..... Dan

8. LittleJimWalker

Thanks Dan, and all of you for the tremendous response - many of the questions being asked are anwered on the website, just click on the "Free Shot for a Year" box.

9. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

Jim - please check your pm's

10. hdskip

hdskip Member

Jim,
    I can't seem to get your web site to open either using the link supplied or typing it in. I'm interested but can's get there.
    Thanks
    Gary

11. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

Jim,
    I don't know you, but there seems to be a lot of folks that do. I do appologize, sometimes trying to be humorous is more destructive than intended. I have been stung before on the internet for lots of $$. Made me a sceptic for sure. Good Luck with your new venture.

12. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

Very impressive website. Wish I had $1200 to invest in your business. I don't need shot right now, having just made a large shot purchase, but I have a friend that is looking to buy supplies. I'm going to pass on your website to him tonight. If Steven Hurtado calls, take good care of him.

13. LittleJimWalker

Headhunter.... no harm no foul! Hope you'll give me a chance to do business with you down the road - I probably owe you an apology as well; I may have been a bit over sensitive. In your place I probably would have posted something very similar (I tend to be a bit sarcastic myself :))

To all - don't know what the issue was earlier, but the website seems to be working fine for me. Sorry aobut that.

BrowningGal ~ thanks for the kind words... I'll be on the lookout for Mr. Hurtado! :)

Thanks Everyone,
    Shoot Well,
    Jim Walker

14. LittleJimWalker

You gotta be kidding me.....

it seems that the problem with the links to my website is the capitalization. I have no idea why that matters, but apparently it does.

if you've had trouble with the DeadBirdShot.com link, try the non-capitalized link on this post.... meanwhile, I'll edit the others.

Thanks for the heads up guys.
    Jim Walker

Nope, that wasn't it.... the problem is that I was too stupid to put the http:// into the address.... Ooooopppsss!!

15. samiam03

samiam03 Member

Have you tried importing lead ingots from India?

16. LittleJimWalker

Just a quick note to thank everyone for the support, encouragement, and well wishes! The attitude from the shotgunning community has been nothing short of astounding! Thank you all.

As of tonight, I have committments for all 15 of the offers that were available, so I won't be accepting any more orders for this particular offer, but in a few weeks, DeadBird's supply problems should be in the past, and I hope to be able to offer all of you a good product at a great price!

Samiam03 - I appreciate the thought, I would seriously consider it if the market price of lead wasn't steadily rising (around .67/lb. now vs. less than .40 at the beginning of the year). I think that taking control of my own supply through the mining/reclaiming operations is the best move right now. To sound like a B-school textbook, DeadBird will be a vertically integrated operation.

Thanks again.
    Shoot Well

Jim Walker
    DeadBird Shot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.