1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone hunt in Southern Vermont?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Porcupine, Oct 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

I have an opportunity to hunt in southern Vermont (Windham County) next weekend. I could hunt black bear, turkey, ruffed grouse, woodcock, crow, fox, raccoon or coyote. If anyone can give advice as to any nice areas to hunt, I be very appreciative. Many thanks.

LA

2. porky

porky TS Member

The only Vermont trapshooter that could read recently moved to Florida, so I guess you're out of luck.

3. capvan

capvan Active Member

Bet you didn't know that the toothbrush was invented in Vermont. If it had been anywhere else, they would have called it the teethbrush.

cap

4. Franktri

Franktri Member

There is a place in S.Vt. called Peaceable Hill that specializes in upland bird hunting. I have never been there but there is a place called The Hermitage that did the same but many years ago. I do not know if they still do but I do know the accomodations are very nice, the food is excellent, and they had an excellent wine list. I don't know if this is what you're looking for.

5. roger stoddard

roger stoddard TS Member

Owch, I know there are at least two other Vermont Trapshooters that can read pretty well, except for the really big words of course!! There are some pretty good shots too, we had a Vermonter win the Grand American Handicap a few years ago. Roger

6. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

My wife's father's family are/were Vermonters and they are the nicest people. Their family goes back several generations. They are not liberal hippies like Howard Dean, Ben and Jerry and Bernie Sanders. I think they all came from somewhere else if I'm not mistaken.

7. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Porcupine, how did you do??

8. slick50

slick50 Member

Porcupine, I live in the county you mentioned and have some tips for you. First, never ask anyone in or from Vermont where to hunt. They are trained to send you to the most baren waste land absent of anything nevermind game animals.(This is similuar to asking directions when in Vermont) Second, the game animals you mentioned have been "managed" to near extinction in southern Vermont. They do exist but finding one to shoot is harder than lets say a sighting of bigfoot. Third, Oh...Ummm...Ya...come to Vermont for your hunt and buy some maple syrup, have a nice lunch and fill up you vehicle. If you get bored you can drive around and check out the storm damage from Tropical Storm Irene. Its pretty amazing what she did to us.
    Bill

9. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

if I was hunting in Vermont, I would go for the upland species...New England is woodcock and grouse heaven....

crow, fox, raccoon or coyote....you can hunt those almost anywhere, including the suburbs LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
2016 grouse hunting in vermont

anyone bow hunt in vermont see anythinggoogle search

grouse hunting windham county vermont