1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone here use Wright's gunsmithing?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Citori Shooter, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

Anyone here use Wright

Hi,Has anyone here used Wright's gunsmithing?I am thinking of sending them a Browning Citori XT for trigger work and would like to know if you would recommend them.Thank you.

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

You won't here a bad word about Stu Wright. His work is as good as it gets

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Stu is a great guy and a superb gunsmith. He has worked on several guns for me. Excellent work. Ed

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Very good with model 12s

I wouldnt use them to thread a barrel for aftermarket choke tubes-- have someone such as briley, angleport, or seminole do that

Gene

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Stu does most all my barrel work.. choke tubes.. backboring.. forcing cones..Contrary to what Gene said.. I would only have Stu Wright or Tom Wilkinson install choketubes in my barrels.. Stu has always been 100% for me..Makes great choketubes as well..

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Stu backbored and rechoked a Krieghoff barrel for me a few years ago. Great work as usual.

Ed

7. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

have used him before & will use him again. very good service. dwain

8. prairieviper

prairieviper Active Member

Nice folks and high quality barrel work.

9. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

GN7777777, tell us why you wouldn't recommend having Stu thread barrels for tubes...

10. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Nice people to deal with. Wright's have upgraded the parts on two Super X1's for me and put a bead on a Model 12 WS-2 choked barrel. Always great work. Also really like Wright's aftermarket choke tubes for my Brownings and Benelli's. Will be taking Stu a Browning in February to see about getting choke tubes installed. Been to his shop several times.

DoubleAuto

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Since his home made tubes are considered as some of the best out there, I think Gene is all wet on this one. Stu's tubes are good beyond good

12. brantman

brantman TS Member

they are great people to deal with

13. old tex

old tex TS Member

Hey, don't forget the "Boss", Sharon is the real brains of the outfit!!!!

Great people!!!

unc

14. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

My only complaint is while I was talking to Stu, for free, Sharon watched my wife spend a quick $700 on jewelry on the other side of his tent in Sparta. Oh well, at least everyone had a good laugh at my expense. I hope I can afford to visit them again next year. Shoot often while we can, Bob

15. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Wright's are A-1 in anything related to shotguns.

16. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Wright's Gunsmithing are the best there is.I had a Model 12 redone by him and its better than a new one now.I wish you guys wouldn't brag so much about his choke tubes,lets keep it our secret!!!!!!!!!.My rating for Wright's is---AAA++++++++++++.
    Sandy Holehouse.

17. Stuart

Stuart Member

Gentleman I'm am very humbled by your commets. I know I haven't pleased everyone and there are some out there that are keeping from commenting. We try hard to please, but sometimes we do get in over our heads and attempt to do more then we should.
    You all realize we must love what we are doing or we wouldn't do it.
    The best people to
    be with are Clay Target Shooters. We all have to realize this or we wouldn't go to the shoots and hang out for days at a time. we socialize then break some targets, then go out to eat together. It doesn't get any better then this.
    Thanks very much
    Stu & Sharon

18. buckwheat

buckwheat TS Member

Stu and the rest are a class operation, I have been very pleased with their work. I do miss the wolf!

19. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I've seen a lot of Wrights work and talked to him. First class all the way, if I ever have chokes put him he is the man, I'm pretty much an old fashioned fixed choke guy. In all these posts we have but one naysayer and he won't say why, I wish he would to add to the discussion. I'm guessing he likes square threads, that's supposed to be an advantage but my machinest friend says there are downsides to flat threads. All I know is the Wright choke jobs I've seen looked perfect to me and they fit, I mean they FIT no sloppy tolerances, no extra clearance for slop. He does them right. IMO

20. Squeal

Squeal Member

I have never bought anything from Wrights before. I called them up asking about how to make my Timney release trigger for my 1100 faster. Stu sent me a spring kit free of charge. How do you beat that?

When I do need something, they will be first on my list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
stu wright gunsmith
tom wilkinson gunsmith reviews
wright gunsmith
wright gunsmithing
wrights gun smith

wrights gunsmithing

wrights gunsmithing choke tubes
wrights tubes