1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone here receive TrapshootingUSA Magazine?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Big Dog Dad, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Dog Dad

Big Dog Dad Active Member

As I was browsing the web, I came across the TrapshootingUSA magazine web site and it looked informative. I was wondering if anyone here got the mag and is it worth the $31.95/6 issues a year price? I get Trap and Field every year and was looking for something more informative and instructional. There are a great many pages in Trap and Field that I just gloss over. No offense, but I live in PA and am not interested in who came in 4th in class D 6 months ago in IOWA. I will continue to support the ATA, but was curious about TrapshootingUSA.

-=BDD=-

2. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

I like it. I agree with you, Trap and Field is old ads and months old shoot results, no useful information it at all. No longer subscribe to it. I do support the ATA in every other way however.

3. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

A class magazine,,mx8dave

4. Garry

Garry Active Member

Click on the link above. You can read the past issues on line and then make up your own mind on whether to subscribe.

I personally like the magazine and look forward to the next issue.

5. zzoom

zzoom Member

Gives me something to read when not on TS.com!

6. miner1

miner1 Member

Great quality magazine with glossy pages and good color. I have every issue and find myself going back through them for information on guns, reloading, etc..
    The only thing I don't like is the emphasis put on big money shooters. I am getting turned off by who can give the biggest prize at the Grand, who can suck up to the big money the most.

7. chipking

chipking TS Member

I really like it and I read BOTH Trap & Field and Trapshooting USA from cover to cover a couple of times each and then leave them at the club house for others to enjoy.

--- Chip King ---

8. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

If you can read it on line for free (one issue late) and not have to add it to the waste stream when you're done, why subscribe??

MK

9. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Yes, we are subscribers.

10. WCR

WCR TS Member

Just checked out some of the past issues and it appears to be a worth while subscription. I think I will subscribe.

11. philk

philk Member

Great mag, on the other hand Shotgun Sports went down hill big time.

12. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

My Shotgun Sports subcrption is up in Jan. I am not renewing after about 15 maybe 20 years, its 95% advertising. Most all magazines are recycled articles.. Field & Stream Outdoor Life etc.
    Jim

13. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Yes I subscribe to both.

14. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Look at their sister mag, ClayShooting USA...great for sporting and FITASC shooters. Quality mags with much better than usual articles.

WNCRob

15. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Best Trapshooting magazine out there, and they give you insight on the International level also. I just wish John would get it to me a little quicker.

16. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware that one could read back issues online without being a subscriber.
    Is that possible?

17. geeber

geeber Member

It sure is, just go to trapshootingusa.com and click the link "read past issues online here."
    Gary B.

18. iluv99s

iluv99s TS Member

The best trtapshooting magazine I have come across. The quality of the paper and print are excellent, I've let my Trap and Field subscription expire, not even close to Trapshooting USA, unless you are intrested in what's happening in east bohunk r@g club. Only complaint is I wish it was published every month instead of bimonthly. Jim Randall

19. TrapShootingUSAMagazine

TrapShootingUSAMagazine TS Member

Thanks for all of the nice compliments, we look forward to a great year in 2011. My New Years resolution is to make sure Bob gets his copy sooner. Thanks for all the support and suggestions.

John

TrapShootingUSA Magazine

20. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

The only thing missing is a complete state by state list of ata shoots. You only print the big shoots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.