1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone here practice on FALLING clays?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, May 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I'm thinking this might be an idea for sporting clays practice, since many of the presentations involve falling clays?

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I'm thinking this might be an idea for sporting clays practice, since many of the presentations involve falling clays?

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Prior to my double release triggers, I would practice on falling targets. I think I may have hit one once.

Pat Ireland

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

You will find that it is no more difficult hitting a falling sporting clays target with your high shooting trap gun than with a gun that shoots flat. You just visualize a larger lead. The benefit is that you can use the same visual lead on sporting clays targets that you use with a rapidly climbing handicap target in a strong headwind, or a diving second shot in doubles with a strong tailwind.

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Brian,

I do this three nights a week. Nothing like breaking those third and fourth shots during an Annie/Killer. Just another reason to shoot games.

ec90t

6. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Brian: this is how I keep from quiting. I shot 5 10 bird events last weekend. Broke 39 out of the first 40. Then on the 5th one I broke the first target and missed the next 7 targets. And I was trying. So the last 2 I waited until they were about 2 feet off the ground probably about 55 yards. I missed the first one and broke the second one. Ended up with a 2. But I had to look at it as a positive. Could of had a 1!!!! Don

7. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Skeet shooters do it a lot.

John

8. Harold

Harold TS Member

When I shoot doubles with a pump gun, the second target is falling by the time I get around to shooting it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

shooting falling clays