1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone here have a Guerini Combo Set ,help needed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Newfoundlander, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Newfoundlander

Newfoundlander Member

For those of you on this site who own a CG combo set , could you please tell me if the serial numbers match on the ( O/U & Single barrels ) and the Receiver...

I am getting the run around with the agents who represent Ceasar Guerini...

Some say they should match , and others say it is illegal for numbers to match on guns made in Italy...

I am beginning to look at other quality gun makers as Guerini is not answering my questions...

Robert ( Newfoundlander )

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

illegal for numbers to match on guns made in Italy ?? I was thinking Perazzi did match numbers.

No idea

3. TERRYB

TERRYB Member

The only "numbers" I have ever seen on a Guerini are on the receiver....NO numbers on the forearm iron......Terry

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

My Italian Perazzi has matching numbers. Bulge.

5. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

When we purchase our combo the Unsingle barrel was not avail. I had to send it to CG a couple months later and have a unsingle fitted to it, numbers did not match. Jake

6. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Ceasar Guerini is an outstanding gun. Well thought out design. Just had them add more comb offset, install recoil pad, install release trigger. Work was excellent. I will check my serial number .

7. chipking

chipking TS Member

When I bought my combo (NEW) the serial numbers on the unsingle and receiver matched and the one on the O/U was different. I was concerned that the barrels had gotten replaced or switched at the dealer. I contacted CG and Wes Lang called me back to explain that with the current requirement to proof, each barrel is tested as a separate entity and therefore has a different serial number assigned. I see no reason to doubt his reply.

--- Chip King ---

8. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

The numbers on my CG barrels do NOT match and I got it brand new from the factory.

9. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

Note: Caesar Guerini combo barrel serial numbers never match. In Italy for Italy's use they never serial number the receivers. They serial number the barrels on the bottom of the mono-block.

Receivers are only serial numbered to one of the barrels when shipped to the USA. Serial nunbers must be on the receiver in the USA - BATF rule.

Michael Stephenson

10. Newfoundlander

Newfoundlander Member

Thanks for all who shared imput with my querry on matching serial numbers of the Guerinni Combo sets..

It seems like they show different numbers for both barrel sets and that is OK with me....

I figured they were pulling a fast one on me by putting a bits and pieces set together but that seems the norm..

Now all that I have to do is get them to send me the Top Single as I ordered in the first place and send them back the unsingle barrel..

Much appreciated all , thats what makes this site so great and informative...

Robert Appleby

( Newfdoundlander )

11. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

I have a 20/28 Summit Combo. Came that way from the factory.

One barrel is matched to the frame, the other is not...

12. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I do not know If I ever had a gun that matched serial numbers. I never checked, I just shot whatever came out of the box. I guess I didn't know it was important. By the way, how do you like the Caesar Guerini? You like the way it shoots?

13. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

I bought a CG trap unsingle with matched barrel and reciever. A year later I wanted a combo (34/30) but the dealer only had 34/32s, some unsingless and one 30" trap o/u. He swapped them to make the sale and fitted the barrels so I got what I wanted. The remaining trap gun now had a 32 o/u barrel which he said would be easier to sell as a 32 instead of the 30 though the barrel no longer matched the reciever. THis is avery common practice amoungst all dealers that sell combos.

BTW, I also have a Joel Etchen special trap combo and it has the same special JE serial number on both barrels, the reciever and the forearm -- however, this number is in addition to other serial numbers already on the barrels (which do not match each other or the reciever).

14. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

My CG combo serial numbers do not match, un-single matches the reciever, the O/U Bbls have a different serial # all were factory fitted.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

15. trapster100

trapster100 Member

Is it also similar for K80 combos NOT to have matching SN's for both barrels and receiver?

16. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Just wondering? Did the unmatched serial #'s effect the way the combo shoots?
    .................I didn't think so................
    D.P.Reynolds (just bein' a wiseass) Yuck Yuck Yuck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

serial number caesar guerini serial number