1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Heard Of Grassfire Organization?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bucko43, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I have suddenly started receiving emails from this group and was wondering if anyone knows anything about them. They seem pretty right on with what I've been reading in their emails, but they have started asking for donations to support things like the Oklahoma disaster. Their email today is talking about a group called "Mercy Chefs" and they will be preparing meals in Moore, OK this evening. It talks about how the disaster is much worse than shown on TV. If anyone knows anything about these folks, let me know.

Thanks,

Kevin

2. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I received the same email today and sent it to the trash. I sent a check to the American Red Cross

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Be careful who you send or donate your money too. In many cases up to 95% of the donations goes to administration. Like in the pockets of the people that run the charity.

4. Bucko43

I think I'll do the Red Cross thing myself. I am always suspicious when I start getting emails asking for money from some organization I didn't petition to begin with. They send emails every day, sometimes twice a day with petitions they want me to sign and wanting donations. The latest email today had a petition they wanted signed and the subject line of the email was "your petition is still unsigned". Now they are bullying me...

5. rosies dad

rosies dad Member

Not saying bad about Red Cross, or Grassfire.
    Me, Im giving through my Church. All the money goes to the victims, and its administered fairly.
    Almost all Churches have a disaster relief fund for these big disasters.

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

I've been getting their E mails. I try to unsubscribe but they just keep coming. I don't like it. Bulge.

7. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I get their emails also, and can't get them to stop.

8. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

I honestly don't understand why folks post questions here about who or what a particular organization is.

Try Google or another search engine and you'll find out all you want to know, maybe more.

http://www.grassfirenation.com/faq.htm

http://www.mercychefs.com/aboutus/

It's up to each of us to be guided according to our faith and common sense, as far as donations to any organization are concerned. These both look legit to me.

Gene in Illinois

9. cnsane

cnsane Member

Take their postage paid envelope and tape it to a brick and throw the whole thing into a public mailbox. They then have to pay postage on the weight of the brick when they receive it.

10. Bucko43

Gene in Illinois,

I posted the thread because I thought other people on this site might want to know about an organization that has stolen my email address without my permission and has progressed from sending me daily emails with information about their fights that they are a part of, to now asking for donations to support their causes. I have unsubscribed from their emails this morning and we will see if that works. They replied that it would take 72 hours to take effect. I have no idea how they got my email, as I don't post it on the this site EVER.

Now I hope that has made you feel better about the reason why I would post such information without doing my research.

Kevin in San Diego

11. Bueno

Bueno Member

They will not stop sending garbage emails, no matter how many times you ask them to. Bounce it!
    I will like to know how they got my personal email as well. Looks like many here got them too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.