1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone have this Mec item they want to sell?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by senior smoke, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Hello:
    Anyone have this Mec item that doesn't reload anymore? It is called a MEC EZ Pak,
    it neatly stacks reloaded shells and fills an entire box in one easy step. Gamaliel shooting supply sells them for $10.95. As luck would have it I cleaned up my reloading room and I can not find mine now. I have a strong feeling it was thrown out by mistake.
    Steve Balistreri

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

I had one and threw away a long time ago. I found out I was faster just putting them in the box.

ss

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Steve, I assume you do need one in 12 ga.? I have 4. 3 red and 1 in black. Bulge.

4. senior smoke

0   0   0

Barrelbulge:
    I can't get my PM to work. PM me with your cost and shipping.
    Thanks,
    Steve Balistreri

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Senior, I'll give you the black one (it is new in the box) for $5 plus actual shipping. I don't need to make $ on you. Mike.

6. nsguy

nsguy Active Member

0   0   0

To each his own but I gotta agree with Short Shucker! The only problem with boxing 'em by hand is the bottom row.I have short fingers. With the EZ Pak they stack easier but then the problem is stretching the box out enough to fit over the whole thing, flip it upside down,then as you withdraw the EZ Pak it messes up the top row and you have to re-do 5 more again! Sometimes 10 if the 2nd row gets messed up.I tried bending the sides in a little to help putting it into the box but then it just held the shells more tightly and slowed things down even more.

7. senior smoke

0   0   0

Mike:
    Thanks, I sent you an email.
    Steve

8. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I wouldn't want to be without mine.

Works great!

Hauxfan!

9. capvan

capvan Active Member

0   0   0

Been using one for many years. Works slick and just takes a little practice, as everything...

Bruce

10. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I've never had the "mess up the top row" problem with mine. It's about 35 years old and the finish is worn off from shell heads and primers rubbing against when I slide it out of the box.

Ed

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I have used one for years and I think they are much easier than by hand

12. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I use one, but am going to try just loading shells in the box. Dexterity will be the problem with 70 yr. old fingers. Best Regards, Ed

13. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Not every item made is for everybody. I have one i made and works it pretty slick when i can get him to work(my 16yr old). LOL I think this item is great though for those with dexterity issues. Looks like you'll be set now Steve. Glad your get'n back into loading. It makes it fun knowing you ran 'em with your own home loaded shells.----Matt

14. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

0   0   0

a ole trick of the trade is to make sure the box lid is on the front of loader, that way you can guide the shells into the box by pushing on the box top, which pushes the shells back, and they slide right in.....Grubby

15. senior smoke

0   0   0

Years ago I always reloaded with Mec Grabbers, as I always had good loads produced with them. Around 10-15 years ago I sold the grabber and started buying Walmarts 4 paks. I am planning to retire in January, house up for sale, and will be moving to Arizona. One day on a whim, I purchased a new Lee load all for $45.00 and love this reloader. I only shoot about 50 targets a week now and it is perfect for me. It is funny how the older I have gotten, how I have now gone back to basics.
    Steve Balistreri

16. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

0   0   0

I use 3 ezpacks on my bench with one for ones that will get tossed , another or both for either Gold or Green STS`s , this way I don`t have to stop to box them when 1 is filled or I fill all 3 then box them and fill the primer tube on the 366 and add powder or lead if needed .

17. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Idon't even bother with boxing them. Put em in a bucket and count them out before the round. One less step.

18. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Smoke sent it out this morning. Enjoy. Bulge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.