1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone have this happen?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by headhunter, Sep 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

I was just reloading 410's and had a primer not seat correctly in the cup. got caught and squashed then went off in my face... Wow! that woke me up. There's a first for me. P/W 800+ w/electric drive. Been having problems loading the 410's smoothly. I can't feel any resistance with the electric drive.

2. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Did a piece of shot get in the primer seating cup? 410 reloaders are famous for spreading shot around. Ron

3. headhunter

I don't think so. it was half in the cup and half out. then got mashed..

4. drh08

drh08 TS Member

Makes you check your pants for sure. It also brings an entirely new flinch to the sport for a while. Flinching is not just for the shooting line any more

5. headhunter

HaHa. I'll need to try a release switch on my loader

6. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

That is the real downside of the electric or hydraulic drive no matter what machine it may be on. You have no feel for when something may be going wrong.

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

That is a problem with the electric drive on my PW800+ also. One does not know anything is wrong until you hear a crack, pop, grunt, etc. Then you remove all the shells, find out what failed and reset the machine. Part of reloading with the electric drive....

8. WJN

WJN TS Member

"That is the real downside of the electric or hydraulic drive no matter what machine it may be on. You have no feel for when something may be going wrong."

I have considered going to a MEC9000H or E but I really like being able to stop in mid cycle and fix a problem before it becomes a larger issue. Happens to some degree or another every time I load.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.