1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

anyone have the add-a-rib adjustable?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by knutershooter, Aug 3, 2013.

1. knutershooter

knutershooter Member

Anyone have one and what is your expirience with them? Do you know how much weight it adds?

Thanks!

2. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

That's a question that I have also. Of course, the added weight would vary with the height of the rib that you used, but I would like to know an average weight.

3. Raystownbob

Raystownbob Active Member

I put an adjustable add-a-rib on a set of 32" 20 gauge Blaser Sporter barrels so I could use them on my SuperSport. I use them for skeet and subgauge sporting clays. I have been pleased with them so far and have had no problems.

I got the 1/2" rib but with the base it measures 5/8" in total height when set all the way down. Before installing the rib I had a set of barrel weights that totaled 3 oz.on those barrels. After installation I had to remove the weights to get the balance back to where I wanted it so that should give you some idea. Of course the rib adds weight all along the barrel so that would have some effect on the balance.

I didn't see any weights given on the web site but if you call Ray or Joe at 631-319-6959 I'm sure they can tell you and answer any other questions. I talked to them a few times before I purchased and they were very helpful in finding the right setup for me. If you haven't checked their site here's a link: http://adjustarib.com/

4. T/T

T/T Member

I installed a 3/4" adjustable rib on a 32" top single krieghoff barrel 2 days ago. It took me longer to read the instructions and clean the original rib than it did to mount the new one. I waited 36 hours for the glue to cure before removing the clamps and shouldering the shotgun, this happened 45 minutes ago. Obviously I have not shot the shotgun but have been playing with it. The workmanship is great. It looks good and feels perfect. I just purchased the K32 and haven't shot it much but I really don't notice much additional weight. As mentioned by raystownbob, Ray and Joe are easy to talk to and eager to assist. Sorry I can't be specific as to additional weight but I did 25 lifts and didn't notice the extra weight. Maybe it is just way too nice being able to keep my head up.
    Tom

5. Papa mike

Papa mike TS Member

I have installed two of them, both were the 3/4 rib with the 1/8 base.
    I installed the first one on my 34" TM1, and the second on my 30" 391
    Installation was simple, I can tell the guns are little heavier but not much.
    It took me longer to build new pins for my stock than anything else.

6. smac

smac Member

Hi,
    I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the mini 16 adjustable ribs?

Search tags for this page

adjustable add on rib trapshooters

can a adjustarib help trapshooters