1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone have tendonitis of the wrist?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by striper, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striper

striper Member

Well I started off with Karpel tunnel and trying to guard against aggravating that I ended up with tendonitis in both my friggin wrists. After dove shooting my 391 Extrema both my wrists not under the thumb other side were on fire. I just can not shake aggravating the condition and shooting is not good for it. Has any one had it and what did you do? How long to heal? Did you do even a little shooting or have to lay off for a few months? Help please

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I AM TYPING 1-HANDED RIGHT NOW DUE TO TENDONITIS, BUT MINE IS IN THE ELBOW. PULLED OUT OF THE HC AT THE GRAND B/C OF IT. WASN'T GETTING BETTER WITH REST, SO GOT A CORTISONE SHOT 2DAY, AND A SPLINT. NOT ALLOWED 2 USE IT. WE'LL SEE HOW THAT GOES. SORRY 4 ALL CAPS, BUT IT'S EASIER 2 TYPE THAT WAY. HAVEN'T SHOT FOR 4 WEEKS.

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Thumbs on both sides, elbows a little. Man the thumb tendons hurt. Strained fingers on right hand, right wrist, right shoulder. Snap crackle pop.

4. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Do a search as there was a recent thread about this. Ray.....

5. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Recurvey im hard of hearing but your typing in caps is hurting my ears.

Ok just kidding I knew you was also hurting in the handicap at the grand from the TENDONITIS.

hope every one gets better

fog

6. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

you may want to try magnet therapy...Bioflex magnet company, believe they are out of Florida seems to be the best. Lots of pro ball players use the products...I have used them for several years and had great results for pain in the elbow and in the neck from severe whiplash.
    Check it out with your Doctor if you have doubts.
    Good luck, puablo

7. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Get the carpul tunnel taken care of as quickly as possible. Go to your dr for tendonitis treatment also. Recurve be very careful of getting the cortizone shots. I'm sure the dr will tell you but if too much is given and the body calls for it and realizes that it's already in the system that gland stops producing it and goes dormant not to start up ever. I have an acquaintence who was in a car accident and needed the cortizone for her injuries. She is having a tough time getting it regulated as her body no longer produces it's own and we must have it every day. That was about 18 years ago I don't know if todays medicines have the same effect. I do know she still misses a lot of work and goes to the dr's all the time to get her medicines regulated. Dan

8. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

Get to your local Ortho and get it checked out. I got into trapshooting after a TFCC tear that was not treated. (golfing) When I finally went in, the MD confirmed with an MRI, but was already scheduling the surgery. They found out that the TFCC was beyond repair, think of this as a torn up knee meniscus that is past help. Also found another partially torn ligament in the middle of the wrist. The surgery itself is nothing, the recovery is a b*tch. Had the MD done a full repair, he told me to get ready for about a month in the cast and then several months of PT to get mobility back. In my case it was 10 days in a soft cast and about a month of PT.

Prior to the surgery I had severe burning, difficult to rotate the wrist and a real problem making a fist and no hand strength. I still have issues with anything that requires torquing, like using a socket wrench. Surprisingly, shooting doesn't bother me. I can only shoot about 50 rounds of handgun now.

Hope that helps,

Hal Hitchcock

9. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

I have gout instead eating to much pork and beef ! veggies are best for your system for any inflamation issues .And lots of water !

Thank You

Pat Kelley

10. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

Larry the Cable Guy said he started getting immediate relief from wrist pain when he bought one of those lifesize blow-up dolls. I think they're called "inflate-a-dates"? .....Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.