1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone have review on Cynergy classic trap combo?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WindyOneNW, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WindyOneNW

WindyOneNW TS Member

Looking for reviews on the Browning Cynergy Classic Trap Combo set. If you have tried one, own one or seen one in action I would like to know what you think of it. I am heavily contemplating buying one. Thanks.

2. rsikole

rsikole Member

Owned one for about 6 months. I went to a release trigger, and at the time there was nobody who would do a release trigger for it so I sold it. I liked it fine, and it broke targets well.

Rob

3. WindyOneNW

WindyOneNW TS Member

Thanks Rob. Anything in particular that stood out or really made it good purchase?

4. daveship

daveship Member

hi i bought one about 6 months ago. i was shooting a bt 99 previously. I broke more 25's with this gun in the first 60 days than i did with the bt99 in a year.take your time, dial it in slowly. make sure you tighten all the adjustments really tight,and put a piece of electrical tape over the front rib adjuster. also, the butt pad definitely needs to be changed. i use the kick eez pad.mine is dialed in at about 90% high.it smokes targets.contact i know where you can get a great deal on one.

5. WindyOneNW

WindyOneNW TS Member

Thanks Dave I will PM you.

6. superump

superump TS Member

I bought this gun in early November and only got to shoot it one time before winter struck. The very first time out without any adjustments, I shot a 22 and POWDERED the birds. Made an adjustment to the rib so the POI was a little higher, and moved the comb over one notch and went out and shot a 24. I loved how the gun fit and how the barrel swung. I couldn't be happier with the gun except never buy a gun in November in northern Illinois because it is absolutely driving me nuts that I can't get out and shoot it more. Make your adjustments a little at a time and don't over do it. I still have some dialing in to do but I love how the gun fits, feels and looks. I checked around and priced the gun for two months and the best buy I absolutely found was Cove Creeek Outfitters. If you have any other questions PM me.

7. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

A very generous gentleman at my club allowed me to shoot his Cynergy Unsingle setup at my handicap yardage (26). I thought the gun performed very well for me. It balanced well, and seemed to be very strong and felt solid in my hands. I was impressed with it. At that time I was shooting a Citori XT, and the triggers felt very similar.

Overall, I thought it was a very well made and excellent trap shotgun.

bluedsteel

8. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

I shoot a Classic trap, and have three friends who shoot combos. Mine is a pull trigger, and they all shoot releases. We are all extremely happy with the guns, although one guy is talking about ordering a Perazzi, just because he has a new gun itch.
    I agree with shippingdave, the butt pad needs to be replaced, as the factory pad isn't to my liking.
    You will hear about the adjustable comb hardware being junk, but I don't know of anyone around here who has had problems. Get the adjustment set for you, set spacers if needed, tighten it down TIGHTLY, and forget about it.
    If you have long arms and big hands, you will appreciate the longer wrist on the Cynergy. The nose of the comb is further back on the Cynergy, compared to the XT, allowing a more natural grip.
    Overall, it is a better fit for me than the XT. It mounts and swings easier, and seems like the gun I have looked for since I started shooting trap.

9. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Does anyone build a release for the Cynergy ???

Tom Strunk

10. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

There was somebody on here a couple of weeks ago who knows somebody that does them. Not sure how you can find out the name.

11. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Tom.... I have searched around to all the major "trigger" men and they all refuse to touch the Cynergy.. If there was a good release available for them they would undoubtedly increase sales... Just my opinion.. Dan Thome (Trap2)

12. AEP

AEP Member

I've had mine for over 2 years and really like it. The gun dosn't smoke targets....you do. The triggers are set at the factory for 5-7 lbs. Way to heavy for me. I performed a nice trigger job and got them down to 3 - 3.5 lbs. As far as the adjustments they are fine.

The most important thing is to take your time and get the gun, or any gun to fit you. Once you get fit and your breaking targets square or a little on the highside. Lock the screws down and leave it alone.

I would buy another one in a minute. I have the classic combo.

Andy

13. Shooting Sailor

I am the one who knows the gunsmith who does release triggers in Cynergys. His name is Gordy Keller. His phone number is 250 710 5926.

14. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Thanks for chiming in Shooting sailor. These boys were probably thinking I was B.S. them.
    If you guys get them done let us know how they work.

15. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Mine had a heavy gritty trigger and Browning wouldn't
    do anything to make it better. Local gunsmith's didn't
    want to work on it because it had strikers rather than
    traditional hammers. I sold it and took a beating.

16. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Thanks Shooting Sailor. You are the first to put up the number of a smith that does the release for the Cynergy. Any idea on the cost?

17. Shooting Sailor

I have no idea on the cost of releases. I don't shoot one, so never found out. Give Gordy a call at the number above, and find out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning cynergy classic trap combo reviews
browning cynergy classic trap review
browning cynergy classic trap reviews
browning cynergy classic trap unsingle combo

browning cynergy trap combo

browning cynergy trap combo review

cynergy classic trap review
cynergy trap combo