1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone have opinion on SKB 505 trap gun?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jlesley, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlesley

jlesley TS Member

I was wondering if any of you have an opinion on the SKB 505 trap o/u? I'm a female new shooter looking for my first gun and did not want to spend tons of money - which is why this one caught my eye. Your thoughts please!! Thanks. Jill

2. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

A good starter gun if the price is right. You did not say what the price is.

3. jlesley

jlesley TS Member

Around 700.00...........

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

That is a fair price for a good gun. I assume it is a trap model with monte Carlo wood and not a field grade? I shot my first 100 straight with a 505 combo gun with the single barrel. SKB is way under rated ( resale is not strong)

5. Shotgunbutch

Shotgunbutch Member

jlesley,

Go to Shotgunworld.com and scroll down to the I Love my SKB. You may get more info there.

Arnie

6. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

If you're looking for a cheap trap gun, you can't go wrong with a BT-99. Unless, you want that second barrel...but if you don't! You can spend a whole lot more money on another gun, but you wont be buying that much better of a gun than a BT.
    -Trappy

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Thats an ok price as long as its the combo....a bit high for just a single or double gun

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Wouldn't it make alot more sense to purchase a name brand that is reliable and if it ever requires service, well it's readily available????

Curt

9. new loader

new loader Member

My son has a 505 combo that has been used A LOT. Works good, no major issues after countless rounds. $700 for a combo would be OK. Only thing is the rib on single barrel came loose sometime in its lifetime and adhesive fixes are not permanent. Will need to be reattached properly once and for all, but for the time being, he does not mind.

10. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It's a good idea to shoot it before you decide to buy it. That way you can see if you can hit the birds with it and that it is not painful to shoot. HMB

11. Jim1040vmpw

Jim1040vmpw TS Member

We have owned and shot SKB for several years. My son and I have identical 605 combos. He has quit shooting but I had the rib come loose on mine a couple of years ago. I contacted SKB and was informed that they are warranted for life. SKB took the barrel back, took the rib off, re-soldered the rib, re-blued the barrel, and returned - total time gone was 90 days and the barrel came back like new. I have never had any broken hammers. I have replaced hammer springs and one ejector. All parts were delivered to my door step within three days. The polite service and immediate response cannot be topped. I would recommend SKB to this young lady...

PS. Most of the people who complain or bad-mouth SKB on this site have probably never owned or shot one. It is kind of like Ford or Chevrolet...

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

skb 505

skb 505 review
skb 505 reviews

skb 505 trap

skb model 505
skb single barrel 505 shotgun
skb trap combo for sale 505
skb505