1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ANYONE HAVE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT LEE LOAD ALL 2 RELOADR

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by senior smoke, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    i recently picked up 2 used reloaders. one is a mec grabber, the other a lee load all 2 reloader. i have had alot of fun loading up some shells on the lee load all. if any of you have ever used a lee load all, i have a question.

1. let's say your reloading and want to change the powder bushing. how do you change the bushing without spilling all the shot and the powder? i have a booklet that came with the lee reloader, but i can not get the containers off the reloader.

steve balistreri

2. sharktown

sharktown Member

Steve -

I do all my reloads on a Lee Load All 2 for years with no problems. A little slow at first but once you get into a groove it can go pretty fast with good looking and shooting shells.

With that said there's no getting around emptying the shot and powder first to change bushings - otherwise it's all over your bench. I guess that's why they are inexpensive reloaders.

Guy

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

You can, but its a pain in the a$$

Its just as easy to unload the tiny hoppers.

BTW, the hoppers WILL unscrew from the die set, but you have to unload them first. The screws to remove the hopper from the die set are inside the hopper at the bottom.

But:

1. Tape the lid onto the hopper firmly.

2. Spread the handle so the die set/hopper assembly can be lifted up and off the center post.

3. Turn the die set/hopper assembly upside down.

4. Remove the front plate, and remove the slide bar to change the bushings.

I loaded a lot of shells with mine before I got better equipment. They're pretty light duty machines, but it worked out good for me to get into reloading cheap.

Still have it.

4. senior smoke

thanks guys. i usually hate reloading, but to be very honest, this lee reloader puts fun back into reloading for me. don't know how long that will last, but the lee company is nearby to where i live. i will probably stop by to see them one day.
    thanks,
    steve balistreri

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

That was my first reloading tool... I had a ball with it and it was easy to learn on and you got every possible bushing included! Pretty darn full proof, to slide once for powder, the other way for shot - BINGO!

Enjoy and regards,

Jay

6. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

timb99's procedure is what most people use ... eventually. It takes less than a minute to change bushings ... if you can find the dingus you want in the cup that has all the bushings.

Or you can cut the top, individually tape and empty powder, then shot, for ease.

LL2 makes a good bullet, with world-class crimps and is pretty good therapy, completely aside.

Lee Precision is kinda like boiled cabbage, tho: starting a crowd running in both directions.

Bob

7. senior smoke

i fixed the problem, i drilled a hole in the powder portion of the lid, and a hole on the shot portion. i taped down the lid. i stuck 2 hoses through the hole.when i want to change bushings, i plug, the shot end of the hose, and then tip the powder section, comes out the hose into the container, and then i do the same with the shot . boy i think we are all pretty smart on this site.
    steve

8. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

are u gonna be at waukesha this weekend ?

9. shaner

shaner Member

wow i loaded for a couple years ion those , had a board on the bottom and id take it out side to the picnic table and clamp it down there had no room in my apt to set it up , i remember id unhook the handles from the from the whole top sometimes, but yeah they have a small plate to remove if i remember right i just never got used too the sizing ring wish they had invented a sizing station,,, i remember i picked up a texan shell conditioner and resized all the shell and deprimed them made life a lot better on the leee load all

10. senior smoke

berettagold53954- luther and I will be at the waukesha gun club this weekend. infact i am going this morning to meet the hillbilly.
    steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

can you change bushings in lee load all 2 with hoppers full

lee load all 2 tips

lee load all problems with handle