1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone have instruction on how to dismantle a 311.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I need to replace the firing pins on a Ranger 5000 and appears to be idential to the 311. I hate to take things apart and have springs popping out and no idea how to put it back together. I have a lot of books on step by step takedown instructions but none have the 311 or 5000. Appreciate any help. Jackie B.

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

They are a "B" to work on. My dad's trigger pulls had gotten very heavy and I took it to a smithy at the Grand. He took it apart and couldn't get it back together. I had to find another guy to get it together but still couldn't lighten the trigger pull. Good Luck!

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I don't know about the Ranger, but a Sears 5100 SxS and the Stevens 311 are the same. Click on the link.

Wayne

4. Ontario Chris

Ontario Chris Member

I took my Stevens 311 apart to replace the firing pin springs. It went OK.

BUT, putting it back together was not so easy. Had to take her in to Chris Vendel to get things back together.

My recommendation is that you take it to the shop!

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.