1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone have experience with bladder cancer?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by slugbug1, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

Just found out Friday I have a tumor in the bladder, and will have it removed next Friday. If anyone can share any direct experience with this problem please let me know. I understand from the doctor, and everything I can read, that if caught early it can be beat, but I won't know how early we got it until Friday. If no one answers I'll know I'm in deep trouble. Thats a joke.......I hope. Gary L.

2. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

A very dear friend had same thing and beat it up to now---call him---Name is Gene Mcann---Phone# is 856-889-5641---He is so great he will B happy to share with U his experience---Tell Hin George Bartmer recomended your call---gL---George

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Just sent a PM. www.imermanangles.org is a cancer help group. Contact them, and they will put you in touch with someone who has had bladder cancer. Gets you on the inside track regarding what to expect.

4. 3200 tony

3200 tony TS Member

Hi Gary

I am going into my third year of beating it. I have sent you an e-mail with my phone number. Call me and don't worry to much. It sounds scarier than it is.

Tony Sabatino

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Hang in there buddy...our prayers for the best outcome for you

6. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

Praying for you during this difficult time. Wishing you a successful surgery and a complete recovery. Kim

7. maka

maka Member

I am a cancer survivor. 1975 Hodkin's stage 2. Whatever you do, go to a cancer center in your area. You might feel they treat you like a number but, they are the experts. They know the most invasive techniques and the best overall treatments. Good luck and god speed.

8. bt 99

bt 99 TS Member

Slugbug1---I am a 14 year survivor of colon cancer. Daughter in law is a 2 year survivor of stage 4 matasized gall bladder cancer, with no sign of cancer.
    Keep a good positive attitude and do not worry about it. (yea-right) Steve

9. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

Surgery was done this morning. In at 8:15, operation at 9:30, home writing this at 1:40. Tumor was smaller than first diagnosed, and was apparently totally contained with in the bladder. Lab tests will be back in a week, but the doctor said it looks like were finished with it. Thanks to everyone for the phone calls, e-mails and prayers, they really meant a lot to me and helped to calm down a VERY stressful 10 days. God bless.........GaryL.

Tony...You were right!

10. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Glad it went well today, and hope the results are good, I had prostate cancer 14 yrs ago, when I was 41, I know about those long waits for results Good luck
    Rick

11. white rattler

white rattler Member

In 10 to 14 days you will pass the scab. It will scare the hell out of you but do not let it get you down as the blood and scab are normal. Trevor Dawe.

12. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

A few years ago there was a certain pesticide that was giving anyone exposed to it bladder cancer. The company that made it had to pay for a lot of bladder cancer treatments and operations. Don't remember what the chemical was but I'm sure you can look it up and possibly get some of your treatment covered if this is somehow connected. Good luck in your treatment. Dan

13. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Any updates to add to this discussion? How's everybody doing?

14. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

Good news update....I have been waiting on a final lab test for a few days. The initial operation went well like I said earlier, but the lab didn't test to see if the cancer had spread to the muscle inside the bladder so I had to go back into surgery and have another biopsy done. Test is back negative so the bladder cancer is a done deal. I will be checked every three months for awhile because it can and does return sometimes.

The second part of the story is they also found a tumor in my right kidney. I had a surgical consult yesterday, and they will operate on that one in a few days. Once again it was caught very early, and is so to speak not a big deal.
    They will remove the top 1/3 of the kidney and take the tumor with it. It looks like it's confined to the kidney, and the surgeon feels like the operation will be all thats needed to deal with that tumor also.

This is what you get when you catch cancer in the early stages. Please everyone have regular check ups, and don't let anything you think isn't right slide. I appreciate everyones concern and the phone calls...GaryL.

15. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I am so happy for YOU---My pryer is in process right now---gL---SJB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.