1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Anyone Have Cabelas XT 1500 Scale?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dsid01, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsid01

dsid01 TS Member

I have an XT 1500 scale from cabelas and I have misplaced the instruction manual and need to calibrate it. If anyone has one of the and could remind me of the way to calibrate it I would greatly appreciate it. I have attached a link to cabelas website with a picture of it.

Thanks
  2. X2 fan

X2 fan Member

dsid,

I have the EG 1500 and they look pretty similar. I would guess the steps would be the same. I think yours is just an upgrade from mine as your has a cover and a brass powder cup. Mine has no cover and a plastic powder cup.

Calibration:

*Turn the scale on and let it worm up for 2-3 minutes.
    *Press the -CAL- button and the scale will go into the calibrating state. Empty the tray when showing -0- and wait for three seconds.
    *Press the -CAL- button, it will show "HOLD", then will show -30- about ten seconds later. Put on the 30g standard weight on the tray and keep it still for 3 seconds.
    *Press the -CAL- button, it will show -HOLD- and then will show -50- about ten seconds later. Put the 50g weight on the the tray instead of the 30g weight and keep it still for 3 seconds.
    *Press the -CAL- button again and it will show -HOLD- and about ten seconds later will show -80-. Put the 30g weight on top of the 50g weight and hold still for 3 seconds.
    *Press the -CAL- button and it will show -0-, empty the tray once more(take all weight from the tray) and keep it still for 3 seconds. Press the -CAL- button and will show "E2", then "0.00g" which means it is in the weighing state.

You're ready to roll. Obviously, if your scale does not show these readings then your scale has different innards than mine. Hope it works for you.

Tim

P.S. If this does work, I would be happy to scan in and send you the instructions from my scale. Just e-mail me at the above address (remove x's) and let me know. Worst case, I bet you could call Cabela's and get another copy.
  3. mollyone

mollyone TS Member

A) with the scale turned on and without any weight on the pan, press and hold the TARE button until CAL 0 is showing. B) Press the TARE botton again. The (0)in CAL O will begin flashing. C) When CAL (F) is shown , stack the two 50g weights on the center of the pan and press the TARE button. The (F)in CAL-F will flash D)When CAL-0 is shown again, remove the test weights and press the TARE button. The (0) in CAL-0 will flash. E) Whenthe calibration is finished, the scale will reset This is for mod XT-1500 If running on battery make sure its hot jpark
  4. dsid01

dsid01 TS Member

Thanks guys always know I can rely on my fellow trapshooters.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.