1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone have any experience turning off auto safety

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have a 686 Silver Pigeon and would like to turn the auto safety off. Is it difficult to do. Any suggestions? Thanks for your response. Jackie B.

2. msmith

msmith Member

This is very easy and you can do it yourself. Take off the stock. Work the top lever and look for the bar that connects to the safety. After you found that there is two ways to do it. The 1st way is to totally remove the bar. You can take pliers and bend and pull it out.2nd way is incase you want to make it an auto safety again. Just bend the tab over that connects to the top lever. Both ways will make the safety a manual safe. The safety will work manually. Mike

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

It might be time for a release trigger. LOL

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

You guys are just tooo funny. Definitely a flinch. LOL Thanks for the info. Will give it a try. Jackie B.

5. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Shooting Jack,

The best way to do this is to remove the transfer bar, to do this properly you need to partly disassemble the receiver (i.e., pull the safety/barrel selector out). You will need REALLY thin screw drivers to pull down the Beretta (Brownells sells a set of bits...).

It's kind of obvious once you get into it and the bar should pop out easily - you can save it if you ever wish to re-install it. Just be careful as you re-install the safety tab - it needs to sit correctly over the barrel selector during re-assembly.

I would shy away from bending or tearing it out - too easy to damage a critical piece while doing this.

David D

6. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Cut the transfer bar into two pieces with a Moto Tool and a cut-off wheel. Then you can remove the pieces without damaging any of the mechanisms.

Jim Skeel

7. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I would not use a cut off tool to cut it unless you have air to blow out all the metal dust and even than you may end up having to disassemble the receiver to get it out.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I just removed the piece that was activating the safety and put it away in an envelope if needed in the future.

Did it for a friend also. This was on BL series, just a piece of key stock in a channel, held with a tab.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.