1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone have an 1187 Sportsman Super Magnum?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kenf, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenf

kenf Active Member

Just wondering if anyone has one of these guns and if the parts interchange with an 1187 SPS? Are the guts the same or how much difference is their between the Sportsman and SPS other than stock finishes and barrel length options.

Thanks,
    Ken

2. kenf

kenf Active Member

I bit the bullet yesterday and bought one Dicks.

Here is the part I can't figure out. The gun isn't listed in the catalog or on the web ( A camo version 3 1/2 Super Magnum Sportsman). But somehow or another Remington made this gun apparently only for Dicks. I even called Grice Wholesale who has a reputation for selling limited run Remington in odd calibers and configurations and they had no idea what was going on. It seems to be the same as the SPS Super Magnum camo except for the shorter barrel, R3 pad, mid bead, sling, and extra chokes. It has a plain safety too, which is a plus. The price was $550 after a $100 rebate.

For all the more use it will get it will most likely outlast me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.