1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

anyone have a winchester select energy???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by knutershooter, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knutershooter

knutershooter Member

Just wondering if any of you guys have one of these or have shot one? Looking at possibly buying one and wanted to getsome more info. Is it true they are made by the browning company?

Thanks for your input!

2. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

Yup, they own winchester.

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Not made by Browning. They are made at the FN plant in Belgium. Good shooters. They use the same Inv + choke tubes that Browning uses.

ec90t

4. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

Browning owns FN though. I almost bought a select, ended up with the XS special hi post instead, it just felt better to me.

5. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

It is a very good gun, I feel that it is one of the best values out there. I have had tens of thousands of round through mine without a single problem. I am now finding that it doesn't shoot quite high enough for me, however, but i'm working on fixing that.

6. dverna

dverna Active Member

I have one and like it.

The grip is a bit large.

Good gun for the money but not yet "proven".

Don

7. WGB

WGB Member

The Herstal Group is the parent company that owns FN Herstal, Winchester and Browning.

FN Herstal builds FN arms and now some Winchesters.

8. williray

williray TS Member

Bought mine in Dec.06. Got everything except a adjustable pad, fixed that with a Morgan setup. This gun has adj. comb, ported,32inch barrels, adjustable LOP,nice wood too! Picked up extended Midas & Briley chokes, fine gun, one problem tho, the trigger pull is so smooth that I have a tough time with less expensive guns, the trigger pull is"harder", just doesn't rolloff like the Winny.

Got mine from CDNN

9. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Bought a 32" trap with adjustable comb last summer. Shot it some, just enough to get a good opinion of them. I liked the gun and ended up buying another one identical to the first, plus a 30" sporting clays model w/adjustable comb also. They are worth the money. An adjustable comb is almost a necessity with me.

10. len w

len w TS Member

I have a 30 inch barrel, adj comb, trigger, nice wood,light recoil I think a great shooter, zero problems made by FN in Belgium. I love it. Len w

11. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

OK when is it comeing, Select Energy Trap Combo????????

12. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

The bottom. I can shoot the gun great in singles, doubles and short yardage handicap, but once I get back to about 25yds, I tend to shoot underneath the targets. I am getting the posts for the adj comb extended and am looking into a keensight adj rib.

13. petey

petey Member

Great gun for the money. Shot one for two years never had a problem with it.
    My bottom barrel seemed to shoot higher than the top , does any one else find this.

14. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

Shot my buddies' a year ago .Was brand new.I'm left handed and broke 24 out of 25 the first time I touched it.It has the RT handed palm swell ,but felt great to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.