1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone have a NEW A5?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tydaws, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tydaws

Tydaws Member

Just wondering if anyone has the new Browning Auto 5 and what they think of it. I am considering purchasing one in 20ga for dove shooting.

2. Tydaws

Tydaws Member

Just saw they are only making them in 12ga.

3. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Why not just buy an Old 20ga A-5? You can buy them new or like new with choke tubes on the auction sites. Jeff

4. Slugo

Slugo Member

Why pay more for an old one!?! Here you go, checkout the new 20 gauge Franchi Affinity. Made by Benelli in the same factory. Retail for $799. Same gun as the M2 except the recoil spring is in the forend and not in the stock like the M2. Just a thought...

5. marcusday

marcusday TS Member

My dad purchased one recently. Synthetic stock in 12 ga. He has shot them for years as many have and with age, wanted something with reduced recoil. He purchased a Beretta A400 and was happy with the reduced recoil but missed the "hump". He bought the new A5 hoping recoil was less than the old ones and I am not sure if it isn't more than the old A5's. Synthetic stock surely doesn't help. It kicks like any Benelli or the other recoil operated guns. I prefer gas operated guns for less recoil, but to each his own. The gun points and shoulders very well. Just kicks like a mule. If you are fine with the recoil, it seems to be a well built gun. And again, that's just my $0.02. Hope it helps.

6. Tydaws

Tydaws Member

Thanks guys. I may try to find an old 20.

7. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

The current (March-April) issue of the Ducks Unlimited magazine includes a field test on one.

Ed

8. rbinversie

rbinversie Member

I own an old 5 in a mag 20 and love the piece, so I tried out the new A5 and a bunch of other guns at a shoot this last fall, I ended up buying the Browning Maxus, great shooting gun, light weight, and shoots everything from 2-3/4 up to 3' with less recoil than the A5 and I think less than the Beretta and Benelli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.