1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone have a hard time sleeping.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smsnyder, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

It sucks getting old. It's 3am and I can't sleep. Sitting here reading trap and field magazine and reading upcoming shooting programs. Any of you old guys having the same problem? Up 3 to 4 times at night? Is this what they call the golden years? Always tired and woreout. LOL

2. Slugo

Slugo Member

Same here! But the good thing is, I don't have to report anywhere in the morning! LOLOL...

3. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

I toss and turn,get awake several times during the night too. Can't remember when I slept straight through the night and awoke feeling refreshed and ready to go. And I've been like this since I was a teenager,not just now as I am getting older at 54.

crab

4. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Years in the navy submarines & being in my own business & being a volunteer firefighter & now trap shooting--always have too much on my mind----fall a sleep real fast (Johnny Walker-sleeping pill)--wake up @ the drop of a hat & never use an alarm clock---5 hrs sleep is a good one for me.

Phil Berkowitz

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I put a reloading press in the bedroom. When you wake up in the middle of tne night, crank out some reloads and jump back in bed. HMB

6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Try a glass of wine-the ultimate sleep aid!!

7. powderburn

powderburn Member

Hi!
    Get a sleep test done. They ARE expensive, but if you have apnea, it will be a God-send for you to get a CPAP. I'm 38, and have had it for years, I think. I was waking up in my sleep 123 times an hour. Never got to REM, and was just not sleeping. Check it out. If you are a sz. 18 neck, you probably have apnea. Good luck to you. I hope you aren't proud and will go to get a sleep study done.

-powderburn.

8. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Oleolliedawg, you have lost all credibility with me, one glass doesn't do it.

9. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Age 70--self employed carpenter most of my life (retired now) the only time I have a problem sleeping is if my back is acting up. Yes Mother Nature does get me up once or twice a night but I fall right back to sleep. No alarm clock, just wake up at first light. If my back is on a tirade a couple aspirin seem to knock the edge off enough to let me rest. Ross Puls

EDIT I like kiv-c "cure" better.

10. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

In my younger days, when I'd wake up in the middle of the night, I'd just kiss my wife behind her ear and in her own sweet way she'd help me get back to sleep.

Now when I try that I just get an elbow in the ribs and a terse "stop it and go back to sleep, you old fool!"

I sure miss the good old days..

11. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Got the same problem, but thank God I am still getting up in the morning.I shudder considering the alternative. Bulge.

12. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Well Bob, a pitcher of Rolling Rock worked fine last night. That was even after a big plate of spaghetti and a dozen clams at the local gin mill!!

13. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Pi$$ call every 2 hours , aching knees , bad back and too taking too long to fall back asleep takes it`s toll on me too . Bourbon is starting to give me a headache so heavy drugs may be next or the doctor ??

14. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Unfortunately, it's part of the aging process.

Aches and pains keep me awake as well.

Carpel Tunnel in the right hand needs to be done again. Aches up the arm into my shoulder.

Some restless leg syndrome, which I thought was bunk, as well.

I'm due for my annual physical next month. Might have to take a list this time.

However, I'm not going to take a handful of pills just yet.

Regards....Gerald

15. jim creighton

jim creighton Member

Sounds just like me-last 2 nights have taken Advil nitetime capsuls(2) best sleep ever-10:30-5:30 give it a try. Jim

16. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Doggai, You need to help the Ole Dawg and I. This thread has potential. :)

17. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

I have a size 22 neck, and can't sleep. I go to bed at 12:30am. I sleep roughly 30 to 45 minutes at a time, and than have to go to the bathroom. I am always tired, and often fall a sleep during the day. The last time I had a full night sleep without waking up must of been when I had a 16 inch neck. I sleep better in a chair than a bed. I would give anything for a full night sleep, without interruption.
    Steve Balistreri

18. Jim Lambert

Jim Lambert Member

Hey Earl, Try this remedy. Recommended and endorsed by Seal Team 6. It's called a "Bin Laden".. "2 SHOTS AND A SPLASH OF WATER". Seems to work for me.......Your Friend, Crazy Chester

19. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

A lot of guys have suggested a drink or two but that seems to work the opposite for me - and I do like to drink.

Best bet for a good night's sleep is have an active (physical) day and get lots of fresh air. Unfortunately, I don't do that as much as I should.

20. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Wolfram has got it. Us computer jockeys need to do something other than read the screen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.