1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone have 45 autos for sale? I have a friend

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by g7777777, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I have a friend looking

regards from Iowa

Gene

2. powderburn

powderburn Member

0   0   0

Hi Gene,
    Sending you a pm.
    -powderburn

3. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Have your "friend" log into Gunbroker. They have thousands of them for sale.

4. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have a Caspian with an accudot scope on it. All SS it is guaranteed to shoot 1 1/2" groups at 50 yards. I have a slide for it to change it to a 32.
    Don

5. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

0   0   0

Gene:
    How aout this one?
    SIG GSR Revolution 45 ACP stainless steel 1911 clone, with less than 500 rounds through it. Purchased new, and had my gunsmith polish all the springs, the spring housing, the sear, the hammer and the feed ramp for a smoother action. It comes with the manual, SIG lockable case, SIG lock, Novak night sites, and 2 Novak 8 rd magazines. In addition to the outstanding frame and slide, SIG also uses top notch parts from EGW, Grieder Precision, and Performance Engineering. The grips are custom wood by Herrett’s. Asking price is $700.00 + shipping to FFL.

Pics available.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Thanks for everyone responding-- he is looking for a shooter and I think he is looking at the 1911 type guns

I am going to have a discussion with him after he looks at the pictures- thanks and keep them coming if you have something

regards from Iowa

Gene

7. cpradde

cpradde Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Hey Gene,
    I would suggest he try some those Philippine made 45acp 1911's. A year ago you could get one for about $400. That might be the price range you seek based on your other posts and comments on other posts. With your keen sense of value and opinion, I bet you could find one for $200. After all, if a Caspian, STI, or Colt is the same thing as Rock Island, then it should cost about the same...whada ya dink?

8. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

0   0   0

I recently shot my friends new FN 45 auto. I was very impressed with it, especially with the recoil. I have a 70's vintage Colt 1911 Target version that I love. There is a very noticable recoil difference between them but, I like the Old School Style of mine.

I put 50 rds. thru his and I would recommend this FN Belgium made gun. I wouldn't mind having it in a 40 s&w if they make it. My next hand gun will probably be a Glock 22 or 35. Fit perfect and was impressed with the few rounds I got to put through one.

Your "friend" shouldn't have a problem getting a 45 auto. I wouldn't buy one on-line, go look and feel them. You buy it on-line you're stuck with it, to try to save $10.00. You'll know whats best when it fits your hand and don't want to put it down. I ain't no handgunner but I do know that much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.