1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone go to the IL state shoot today?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by KF9VH, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KF9VH

KF9VH TS Member

I had to do jury duty and could not make it today. With all the rain I bet it was a wash out in the morning.

Were there many vendors there?

Thanks

Mike

2. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Mike:

I hit the road late and arrived at noon. There was a light rain then and I'm told it rained all morning. The crowd was pretty decent for a monday but there wasn't much shooting because of rain.

The vendors I noticed included Embroidery By Betty (shirts, hats, jackets, etc.), Graf's Reloading, Phillip's Gunsmithing, Tom Larkin (The Stock Shop), Elmer Fairchild's guns, and a gentleman selling gun safes. There were several more tents not yet occupied.

sissy

3. KF9VH

KF9VH TS Member

Thanks for the update Sissy. I think I will hold off till the end of the week to go. This weather really sucks, more rain and storms today!

4. KF9VH

KF9VH TS Member

Anyone go today? How was it?

5. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

Ill be there friday. Anyone got any decent places to stay? All ideas appreciated.
    thanks
    Scott

6. Recoil Sissy

KF9VH and all:

A dandy storm blew through about 3am this morning (Tuesday). Power was out on the grounds until 9 or 9:30am. The grounds were soggy by yesterday afternoon and this morning it was REALLY soggy. However... a couple of hot days with bright sun and a steady breeze (it's predicted for Wed. and Thurs.) would do wonders.

The rest of this paragraph is UNCONFIRMED so take it with a grain of salt.... I'm told several trap houses on the far west end had water in them because the sump pumps were out. There were some wet targets but nothing to suggest the traps themselves got wet.

Today's first event was delayed by lightning until 11:15am. Weather wasn't an issue after that. I didn't check the score board but there was at least one 100 and a gaggle of high 90's in the caps. I didn't hear much about doubles scores but I know there was a 99 in one of the first squads and no reason there shouldn't have been a bunch of big scores.

Additional vendors include Wenig Stocks, Norm Gilmore's Got A Hav It, and Doug Hubbard Gunsmithing. Della was there making custom ear plugs and shooting glasses. There's probably more but those are what I remember.

sissy

7. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

I didn't get to go yet. Buddy 2Cluk called and said he'd broken his first 100 straight, in handicap yet. Said it was great. I think he had a post celebratory beer in his hand.

8. KF9VH

KF9VH TS Member

Was Stew Wright there(the guys who sells choke tubes)?

Thanks

9. Recoil Sissy

KF9VH:

I haven't seen Stu Wright.

sissy

Stan:

I heard your homies had a heck of a handi squad. I'm not certain but I think Earl had a 98 and Kathy a 95. I believe your bud may have been part of the same crew. : )

10. Top Single 35#

Top Single 35# TS Member

STU WRIGHT IS THERE,MORE VENDORS WAS COMING IN GOOD CROWD ,ONE SQUAD IN HANDICAP 20YDS. 100 98 98 95 87 THAT CAME IN ABOUT 4PM, 2 WOMEN IN IT,PRETTY GOOD SQUAD.DAN

11. KF9VH

KF9VH TS Member

Thanks guys. Hope to get up there in the next couple of day.

12. WindyCity

WindyCity TS Member

I am hopefully heading out this morning, Wednesday, to get our trailer set up for the shoot. We'll be around through Saturday, maybe Sunday morning. Stop by and say hello. Let us know what you think of our new trailer, you won't be able to miss it.

We'll have clothing from Krieghoff, Perazzi, Kolar, Ljutic, Bob Allen. Accessories from Otis Tech, GripSwell, Bob Allen, Galco Gunleather, Magic Eye Dots, Dakota Watches, and more. Stop in!!

Can't wait to shoot!

Cory Kreith
    Windy City Shooting Sports

13. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Looking like a nice day, from my window as Scott AFB. Looking forward to getting to Britnay about 7:00 tommorow.

Ronbo

14. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Was there Wednesday. Seemed really crowded. I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the better attended Illinois State Shoots. Larry and Donnie are putting on a good shoot, that's for sure. They got more rain than they needed, but it didn't seemed to be slowing them down much. Ron Cox Jr. ran the doubles and the singles and was waiting to shoot handicap when I left at 3:30 pm.

15. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Made it down with cousin Bob. Blue skies are shining on me. Puddles everywhere. Holiday In Express is full. Time for breakfast. Looking forward to a good Sat.

Later.

16. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Friday report. Warm but windy for the handicap. The wind was welcome because it cooled it off some. Grounds were damp but should have dried out some more by today.
    Classifying and squadding went very fast with three cashiers. No broken targets or trap malfunctions that I could see. Food was great (see below)

I drifted in late Thursday night,tired and starving, too late to get a motel and couldn't find a restaurant.There were still some people in the kitchen and I came to the back door like a hobo looking for a handout. Owner Carole Mohr took pity on me, whipped up dinner and threw in a piece of really good apple pie. Told me she'd leave the bathroom door unlocked overnight, and also I could take a shower. Slept in the back of the Explorer with the tailgate open, and it was nice and cool at night.

By the time I finished signing up, Carole was serving scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, bisquits and gravy. Shot the handicap, walked up and down vendors row, bought a couple hats, and some shells which were only $53 including tax for Kemens and Rios.

Get here if you can. This is a terrific club, and the Mohrs are great people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.