1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone get any ducks today?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bodybuilder, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

It was the first day of duck season in most states, Did anyone do anygood?

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Sat was opener in Minn. Averaged 3 birds /person. Mostly teal.

3. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

friday i saw several 1000 flying south-- monday morning i saw about a 100 hunters at a public hunting area NO DUCKS rick

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

October 26th in Delaware.....used to have an early Teal season, but the DNR people put the nix on it.

Curt - Delaware

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

STOP THE KILLING. Birds have families too. HMB

6. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Oct 19 in California. I'm ready....

7. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

We had a good day the 15th of Sept here in Iowa, but they all boogied after the first day.

8. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Thanks for the thread! I thought our season opened in a couple of weeks, but looked online and saw it opens Saturday. I was planning on going fishing, floating my drift boat on the Snake River, but now I may get out the hunting stuff instead. Maybe I'll even take both. Then Deer season opens a week from tomorrow, I have an elk hunt starting a week from Sunday, antelope in Montana after that. Fall in the west is good. No time for trap now.

9. cole-mitchell

cole-mitchell TS Member

oct 20th for washington, Haven't seen many ducks around even though we've been having real ducky weather and our cornfields should fill up pretty quick... hoping our opener will be a good one

10. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

For shame....for shame....for shame...! A duck might be somebody's mother!

11. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Minnesota hunting opened this week end. Heard reports from several areas from terrible to great. I have seen the most ducks this year that I have seen in the last 15 years. We harvested 56 ducks over the week end. for 9 guys. Two young hunters with us shot their very first ducks. Shot very few on Sunday, Strong thunderstorms and high winds with rain at 1 inch plus per hour put a damper on it after 3 hours. Lake level rose 4 inches in 3 hours. Shot Mallards, Widgeon, Redheads, Blue and Greenwing Teal, Ring neck duck (ring bills)and yes the elusive spoon bill (sneaky little raskle). Was some pretty wild shooting on Saturday with temps in the low to mid 80's. Quit early to hot! Most ducks are not well colored yet.

Many did not get ducks. Key was water level. Water less than 1 foot deep with vegetation are loaded with mallards. Waters over 2 feet deep seem to have no ducks at all. Hunt the shallow weed choked lakes and good luck.
    Mark

12. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

The season in Southern Alberta has been open since September 8th. I think the local ducks that were around here have moved on and very few migrators from the North have arrived here yet. A week ago, I did see quite a few Canvas Backs in a Ducks Unlimited Project. We are getting a lot more Canada Geese flying over our house than a few weeks ago. I can shoot National Trap Days on Saturday for our last shoot until next May.

13. hunter870

hunter870 Member

Florida's doesn't start til November 17th (early teal and woodie season was good). Send 'em my way! I'm glad to hear the reports of good numbers.

I'll be shooting doves until then....

14. Tpeterson1

Tpeterson1 Member

Here in central MN we had mixed results,saturday (opener) was so-so but sunday right at 1st light all hell broke lose.Noticed alot of migrators coming thru as well,mostly teal and woodies and groups of honkers.

PS,we (hunters) like family groups of ducks,makes for quick work and the younger ducks taste better.

15. map@neo

map@neo Member

Vermont/NY Champlain zone opens next Wed. (Oct. 10th). Almost drought conditions
    exist around here. Little to no water in the "set backs". Creeks and lakes are quite low. Could be really tough this season unless we get alot of rain. Last season on opening day was wonderful. Plenty of water and ducks. Three of us
    harvested our limits. Total was 18 (six each). Ascending order: 3 Blacks,
    6 Woodies and 9 Mallards (7 Drakes). I hope history repeats itself. Although,
    the worst day of duck hunting is better then sex. Boy, I better get a life!!!

MAP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.