1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

anyone from Mtn Home Ar?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Terry, Oct 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terry

Terry TS Member

We were thinking of checking out this area for a winter getaway. We have been there in October but not any later. Is the trap club open in the winter? I appreciate any information you could pass on.

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

My wife is from there, and she says the main thing about it there is the fact that the divorce rate is really high. But even after the divorce, the couple can still be brother and sister. So there ya have it.

GneJ

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

If you mean Mountain View AR, my Aunt and Uncle lived there up until this last July. They still get some nast winter weather there and the homes(like theirs was) on the Mountains can loose power for a week or better during the nasty ice storms they get. Didn't bother them because they were very outdoorsy. They moved to the side of a Mountain in Colorado now. Guess AR wasn't secluded enough. LOL

Very beautiful area though.

Matt

4. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

It's my home club, open all year round. Ran by the membership, a great bunch of people who will welcome you warmly. Bull Shoals Lake and the White River are close by so there are lots of fishing and boating opportunities as well.

Mountain View is about 50 miles south and is pretty much out in the middle of nowhere.

Web_Gun_Club.jpg

5. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

That's nice!

Moving to the area in 2012, so plan on seeing me regularly.

6. Terry

Terry TS Member

I grew up in No. Iowa and have lived in Wyoming the last 35 years. I am tired of real cold weather and knee deep snow. Don't care about AZ, too many people and too hot. Any info appreciated.

7. Mark Lavelle

Mark Lavelle TS Member

Twin Lakes Gun Club is awesome. I am a LA resident, however spend about a week out of every month on the White River fly fishing (awesome brown trout fishery). I joined the club because of the Sporting Course and the people are just so damn nice. Great group of people and they always have something good going on.

8. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

I'll second what Ross and Terry have said, nice club and the folks there are Top Notch!

Jeff, I thought you were going to be down here in 2011, plans changed?

9. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

It's comments like those from the trapshooting hippie that give this place class. I guess you're a Californian hippie?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.