1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Familiar with Rome?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tomlieb, Nov 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

I am going to be in Rome Italy for 4 days next week, Is there any interesting shooting places to go or shooting stores to visit while the wife is shoe-shopping?
    Tom

2. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Wait, you are going for 4 days and you feel the need to shoot?? Just walk around, there is SO much to see historically.....go to St Peters Basilica, the Sistine Chapel, Forum, Colosseum,and SO many other sights, eat, drink, and be merry, shoot when you get back.....now IF you get to Milan, go to the Beretta Gallery.....worth an hour.....bring your credit card for this one....

3. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i hear when you are there- you shud do as they do!!!!

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

When in Rome, roam....

5. Jerseyshooter

Jerseyshooter TS Member

I go to Rome and Milan on a fairly regular basis for business. Of course, you should see the Vatican. It is spectacular. Take an afternoon and hang out at the Piazza Navona. It is really relaxing and beautiful. I agree, if you get to Milan the Beretta store in the Gallaria is fantastic but ITLCOSTYA! Have fun....clay pigeons are the same the world over so let the gunning go for a few days and enjoy the history. RICH

6. GIV1911

GIV1911 TS Member

I was there about 3 monthes ago, Been to Rome numerous times but never had the time to check out the vatican, and the sistine chappel. I did this time If you go St Peters Basilica I strongly recommend the coppel tour, where you get to climb to the top of The cathedral fantastic view of rome, the hilight of the day, I kinda wish I would have taken the tour under St Pete, PS I'm not catholic either I fully enjoyed the day, I would like to no what the place is worth, unbelievable art. PS don't take any sharp objects, or where a hat they'll ask to remove it indoors. Enjoy the food!!!!! Bryan

7. Jerseyshooter

Jerseyshooter TS Member

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention....as repsects food, you need to adjust your eating times. Lunch is a bit later...and dinner really does not start till much later. 1st seating at a good restaurant is usually 8 pm.

8. $$90-T$$

$$90-T$$ Member

Tom, I was there about 6 weeks ago and had a great time. I suggest you sign up for the guided tours. You can do it on your own but you will stand in very very long lines to get tickets and waste alot of time. Also the tour guides give you wireless ear pieces so even if your a couple hundred feet away you can still hear the guide giving you all the history of whatever your visiting.

Oh ya, you won't believe how crazy the driving is there. It's unlike anything I've experienced. The food is great but if you get tired of pasta and want a big fat burger, there is a Hard Rock cafe just up the street from Navona sqaure.

If you want to see something bazaar, there is a monastery in Navona square that uses all the bones from privious monks for decoration. Very Very wierd, not for everybody.

Have a great trip!

Josh Andersen

9. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I've been in Rome, Indiana a couple of times, nice place especially in the fall.

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Pantheon- was my favorite building in Rome and rarely on the tourist list- not sure why

It was the largest dome in the world until about 1500 and was still the largest free standing dome with brick and concrete until the mid 1900s

When you see this- you know what the ancients were capable of

The best ice cream place in Italy is about 100 meters from it

I lived in Rome for a year and did shoot but its not like you can bring a gun to Italy

regards from Iowa

Gene

11. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

+1 to all the above, I would add the Spanish Steps which is centrally located for the shopping. If you are into F1, the Ferrari Store there is awesome. For food, remember its Europe, dinner takes 2 hours at least. For certain get a guided tour to get around to the highlights. I would highly recommend dropping the $$ and getting a private car and driver. I paid about 500 euro and it was worth every penny. I packed in more in one afternoon than a full day on a regular tour. Watch for pickpockets at all times. Ask at the hotel for a local place to eat. I found many off the path places that were simply amazing and really inexpensive.

I spent some time learning the landmarks of Rome and the history behind them. I found it really brought things to life when I saw it in person. Enjoy!

12. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Ah yes the pickpockets,,,,many are you dirty children that try to get close as beggars, beware of anyone that approaches, but especially children looking for help, just tell them to piss off, or wave them away, and look like you MEAN it!

13. rbmtrap

rbmtrap Member

So much to see, four days doesn't get you started. Forget shooting when you can look across a valley at thousands of years of recorded history. Heck walk in any neighborhood Catholic church, all grander than the best in US. Art by masters everywhere. Expand your mind as well as your waistline.

FYI best shoes by far, or any other leather product, in Florence - not Rome...

Enjoy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.