1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Familiar with Dan Wesson Revolvers?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RayReys, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RayReys

RayReys Member

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone would have any info on the Dan Wesson revolvers, specifically the model 45 (.45 LC). I found a 10" full lug barreled one at my local shop for cheap, and I really want it. Just wanted to have a little bit of background on it (can't seem to find anything on the web so far). I know a wee bit of the supermags they produced, but not much in regards to their other models.

Thanks,
    Ray

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Not sure what you want to know. Bottom line is they made really quality guns but not real good resale. I happen to love them and have a few including two pistolpaks

3. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I had one years ago and ordered a 10" vent rib barrel for it, It was a LOT of gun. To big for deer hunting IMHO. If you were into silhouette shooting it would be nice.

4. smokintom

smokintom Well-Known Member

Very well made guns for sure. How cheap? If you can get it right and its in good shape grab it.

5. RayReys

RayReys Member

Thanks for the replies folks - I knew they were well built,accurate, but had no clue on the particular production history of the .45 Colt models. It was going for $500. It's part of a large consigment of some 100 guns, including several Texas Commemorative N-Frame Smiths: Model 544s in .44-40 and a Model 25 in .45 Colt ($500-700). I'd have bought it then and there, save for the fact that I was doing a PPT on a Super X-1 XTR Trap... :)

Cylinder face looks like it hasn't been cleaned in awhile, cylinder release is a bit sticky, bluing is in the 90s(%), and it's a non-vent rib fully lugged barrel. I did consider silhouette when I was younger, but never ended up trying.

I definitely don't need it(it's definitely a 9 on the dooo want/cool scale though), at that price it would be fun...

6. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Owned a .357 and unfortunately traded it. Still ow the .44 Mag. with three barrels. IMO.,thet don't come any better. Jack

7. Gunzup

Gunzup Member

I have a model 715VH in stainless and it is one of my favorites. Still tight and accurate after many years of service.

8. rrose

rrose TS Member

I have had many DW's in 44,357 mag and max. Still have a couple. They are great shooting guns and CZ can still sell parts if you need. The 10 in barrel is sure a lot of barrel, I prefered the 8in but if you like the longer one go for it. I would like to get another 44 with an 8in barrel and the 45 sounds like a nice find for you.
    randy

9. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Buddy of mine had one in .357 Max back in the 8o's...shot a perfect score of 40 in pistol silhouette with it...

10. Go Fish

Go Fish Member

Try this web site. http://www.danwessonforum.com/

Ed Fish
    Racine, WI

11. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Not to hijack this thread but I own 357 pistol pak any intrest in buying partil or complete not sure of value? two grips three barells plus sights and tools very very clean and well taken care of I am just not a pistol guy.
    Thank you,
    Jim Z

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.