1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone - experiences with Chambermates?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by doctopgun, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctopgun

doctopgun TS Member

Does anybody have any experiences to share with Seminole's Chambermate gauge reduction inserts? They make some interesting claims with respect to patterns - any experience with these? Thanks!

2. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

Several at our club have them and like them.The only caveat is extraction with other than AA or STS shells;Rios,Kemen and Estate generally hang up.

3. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

I have a set of brand new Chambermates 12/20. Never used $175 to you.

4. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I have a set of 12/20 Chambermates. They pattern well and work well with AA or STS hulls. I won my class (NSCA tournament) in a couple of big shoots a few years ago with the Chambermates. I think I was in A class or AA at the time.

Easystreet

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

what a pain when you are shooting on a squad with someone that uses them- they often dont eject

regards from Iowa

Gene

6. Easystreet

I've had no problems with ejection when using the PROPER ammo. I've found that those who have problems with hulls sticking in the chambers are those who are trying to use the "cheapie" ammo.

Easystreet

7. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

I like the Rhino stingers better. Overall seems to be a little better quality.
    They are longer and don't get as dirty as the chambermates.
    AA and Rem shells do work better. Cheap ammo can drive you crazy.

8. winchesterm12

winchesterm12 TS Member

I bought a 3 gauge set a few years back the 20's were great, the 28's were picky about what ammo you could use, factory loads were fime but reloads had to be loaded to max pressure to get consistant velocities and have no bloopers. The 410's were junk no matter what load I shot or brand of ammo I tried ever shot was a blooper and velocities were very inconsistant. I bought a set of rhino stingers which are basicly the same as chamber mates but they're 15" long and had good luck with all gauges. I've since moved on to a full length set in all gauges

pumpgunner

9. yobyllib

yobyllib TS Member

Yep sticking on estates or promo ammo.
    One round of trap was a full squad of fast regulars,and my shells started stickin`
    so I started to spit on the shells brass,also used the other barrel,worked like a charm,I dont think anybody noticed-still finished up with a 23.

10. Easystreet

I wouldn't think of using Chambermates for trap shooting because there is no advantage, IMO, to doing so. If I want light loads for trap, I can just download my 12 gauge hulls and they work just fine.

However, in sporting clays, some of the tournaments have "sub gauge events". In these events, you CAN'T use 12 gauge AMMO regardless how light the shell may be loaded. The shell MUST be the specified gauge (or smaller gauge).

The advantage of using the Chambermates is that you can use the same 12 gauge gun that you are used to using all the time. The few ounces of weight of the Chambermates is all right between your hands and you don't even notice the difference. If I try to use a different (usually lighter) gun for sub gauge events, I don't shoot the gun nearly as well as the 12 gauge that I'm familiar with.

Easystreet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.