1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever use this company for gun case cover?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Came across this site this morning:

http://www.studioslips.com/

Curious as to whether or not anyone on here has ever used them before to make gun case covers? It appears they've done some for americase before, and will make anything to your measurements. Price is a little cheaper than the americase cover, and looks to be a little more user friendly, and has more options you can add-on...

2. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I use a gun case cover because my Americase scratched up and dinged the inside of my truck cab. I have a double cab truck and fold down the seats to load my gun cart, gun case, and range bag and shells inside the cab. The Americase sometimes slid aorund on the hard plastic backing of the seats, putting some gouge marks on it and the case dinged the inside panel of my door a few times.

I had a couple covers made by Big Sky case covers.

3. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I like a case cover because it makes the case look more "generic" when walking around in pubic. Especially if the case has a gun brand logo on it. Why advertise that you are walking around with an expensive gun. You never know who is watching. As the above poster also mentioned, it also protects the leather upholstery in the back seat of the car when you drive to the range.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

If you get a really nice cover, will you need to get a cover to cover that cover so it looks like a "generic" cover. I just wanna make sure i get all this right. LOL---Matt

5. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

They are a good outfit. Do lot of cases for band instruments and will build you a case for any dimensions you want and it is a quality case. I use to use Big Sky but this outfit is just as good

6. creek

creek Member

Poor Skeet Man; all he wanted were some recomendations on the company; some of these threads turn into a "Cat Herding" contest!

John (CREEK)

7. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Creek you are right!!

8. Blueraven81

Blueraven81 TS Member

Sorry Skeet_Man, got lost on the subject.

To answer your question: No I have never used studio slips.

Blueraven

9. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

they're good to have on those fancy oak & leather cases.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.