1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever use Reggy Jamison as a gunsmith

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jim Veta, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Veta

Jim Veta Active Member

I am interviewing a gunsmith to do some barrel work for my A2 L.C. Smith. I know that this isn't the correct forum for this but I thought I would put it out there anyway. Has anyone used Reggy jamison to do any work for them? i believe he was with Simpson but is now independent. I would appreciate any information you may have.

Jim Veta

2. EEB

EEB Member

Jim Veta - Reggy was with Simmons, the folks famous for their vent ribs and other shotgun work. He announced earlier in the year that Simmons was making barrels for Parkers, but that did not pan out so good and Reggy is personally honoring commitments made at that time. I did not know he is no longer with Simmons, too bad. I have a project with Reggy now that he has given me a February delivery date. My impression is Reggy sub-contracts most of the work out now that Simmons realizes it's hard to make money with all the handwork necessary beyond the CAD/CAM operation. He seems to be honest and forthright, but the commitments made to guys to rebarrel Parkers has been a struggle for him.

Ed Blake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.