1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Ever Turn a Stroller into a Gun Cart?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by halfmile, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I'm doing one right now. All you need is a pair of ATV handlebar gun mounts and a couple of 1 pound Titewad bottles.

Mount the gun clamps topside, and cut off the powder bottles at the middle.

Drill screw them to the foot rest and put a 1-2inch piece of good foam in them.

You shooting bag can go where Baby's butt used to be.

If I get to this thing it will be about a whole 20 minute job.

HM

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

That's funny. I was going to do the same thing with my jogger. I just haven't gotten to it. I also figured that it would be just another big space hog in the back of my SUV.

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Oh my God. Tron, get your ass here and lookie, quick...

4. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

More junk to get in the way. Glad to hear you'll use it for sporting clays and not trap. Post-2

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Not done that. I have heard of strolls turning into the need of a stroller. But that's only in temperate climates.

6. shark1

shark1 Member

Sounds great. Just if I could get my wife to push the stroller for me at the big shoots would even be better. LOL
    Mike Sharkey, DC

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

My Range Boy uses the ATV-type "Pack Rack" holders with the rubber retention bands. With thanks to Jim Skeel, I upgraded the cart with large pneumatic tires and they roll nice!

I would figure out a way to better support shells in a stroller, to somehow firm up a bottom... otherwise they may fall all over and spill.

If you're intent on using a bag, then maybe more of a pull cart with pneumatic tires may be a better option. The powder bottles sound like good idea - thick foam or possibly some automotive carpet lining on the inside.

For warm days, add a Liquid Caddy articulating water bottle/drink holder to the arms. They tilt in ever direction and can be removed for easy storage - inexpensive too!

Good Luck on this project!

Jay

8. kolar12

kolar12 Member

Any pictures?

9. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

Be a man and get some good exercise! Carry what you need!!!

10. shadow

shadow Active Member

NOt a gun toter,but I made a pretty neat firewood hauler out of the frame and wheels off a pressure washer. I can see no reason a really nice gun toter coulnt be made out of something similar.

11. Jwints525

Jwints525 TS Member

I made one after seeing my wife fall walking down a slope on gravel with her gun on her shoulder. Took a 5K jogging stroller, same frame as a rugged gear cart, and took off the sun canopy. Attached ATV gun holders to the handle, got 2 - 3 1/2 inch PVC pipes sanded at the top about 6 inches long with a stariner plug screwed to the footrest with can cozies inside to cushion the gun barrels. The shooting bag fits in the cart and it has room for empty shells either below or in a mesh bag at the back. For looks I spray painted the PVC the same as the footrest Matte Black. I also put shooting patches over the 5K logo. It has been mistaken for a rugged gear cart. Carries both mine and my wife's guns and all our ammo and stuff when shooting sporting clays.

12. BuckGuru

BuckGuru Member

I made one from a 3-wheel stroller I bought on ebay for $40. Added two ATV gun holders and a felt lined wooden receptacle for the muzzles at the bottom.

I found a nice old wire basket from a freezer that fits nicely on the bottom and holds 2 flats of shells plus my shooting bag. You want to design it so the shells are carried down low because it makes the whole thing more stable. One of the commercial ones has the shells running right up to the top which seems like it would tip over easy.

Don't forget to add a fold-up cupholder, which you can get from stores that sell the strollers. I always keep a cold diet pepsi in it when shooting.

13. Kerry

Kerry TS Member

I have two different ones. The first I made from a stroller that I picked up for $5.00 at a garage sale in Vandalia, Ohio. I added a cross brace and made gun rests from wood and lined with carpet. At the bottom I added a block of wood with dowels that the gun barrels went over. It was a good cart for $5.00. I sold that one for $70.00 because I wanted where the wheels could be removed easily. Took that money and purchased a new stroller from Academy for $70.00 that had removable wheels and then purchased a set of gun holders for an ATV and mounted them to a piece of conduit that I fabricated and mounted a couple of beverage cudas for the gun barrels and viola I had just what I wanted. I use it for sporting clays and also at trap shoots. It is wonderful.

14. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

MGM... I did just what you are doing. Used mine for 2 shoots, sold it for $75.00 and bought a new Rugged Gear cart. I should have just bought the rugged gear cart from the start as it's far better than anything you can build at home, for the price. Great price, great product, and great folks to deal with..... Mash on the link above to get the full skinny...... Dan Thome (Trap2)

15. mpipster

mpipster TS Member

Here's a slightly modified Bob stroller w/rugged gear holders.

<a href="http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg90/mpipster/misc/?action=view&current=IMG_0045.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
baby stroller gun buggy
converted stroller to gun caddy
gun cart made from a stroller
how to turn stroller into shotgun cart
show me your stroller gun cart
sporting clay gun caddy

stroller guncarts

turn stroller into sporting clays