1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever try a Burris SpeedBead Sight

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hoffman06, May 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Asking for a buddy that has more eye problems than most, he is trying a reddot sight now and was thinking of the Burris Speedbead sight, any input will be appreciated.
    Carey

2. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I would be interested to know as well...I have vision problems that came about as side effects of meds taken for other ailments

4. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

I think there is a you tube video of someone shooting sporting clays with one. They kinda review the pros & cons.
    Jimmy

5. jls7522

jls7522 Member

I have one on a Beretta Xtrema. I have used it very successfully for turkeys and predators. I admittedly have not shot targets with it, but I don't think it would work for me. A person should be looking hard at the target and a proper fitting shotgun should shoot where you look. i.e. a brighter bead doesn't seem like it would fix a vision issue since you should be looking at the target anyway.

6. knutershooter

knutershooter Member

I have tried different colored fiber optic sights and found for myself anyway that either a plain white bead or a BLACK bead works best for me. I was finding that the bright sight wants my eye to look at it instead of the target so I put a white one in and blacked it out with a marker and my scores went up, this way I am just looking at the target and nothing else to distract me to bead check. May not be the answer you were looking for but sometimes less is more.

7. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Thanks guys, my buddy will never be a great shooter, he is happy with his 15 average but with his eye problems and 76 years has a lot of fun. He has been shooting a red dot sight and in 3 outing is up to his average. Thought this would give him a little more field of view. If it helps I will let you know.
    Carey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.