1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever seen this box of shells?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bodybuilder, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I went to a yard sell and they had a box of Federal #6's and the top of the box says they have 3 1/2 drams of powder and 7/8 oz shot at 1400 fps. I don't recall seeing them before, I wonder if they are old?

2. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Paper or Plastic?

3. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

I prefer paper bags myself ... but plastic ones are alright when you want some small trash bags.

4. 5spd

5spd TS Member

I can't see them myself.........:)

5. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

Plastic, They don't Look any different than any other Federal shell, I just wondered when they loaded them this way?

6. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

K mart promo shell around 2004 I'll take every box i can get my hand on preferably in 7 1/2 great sporting clays shell with relatively low recoil. I use the 6's for pigeons over my puppies.
    Joe

7. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

About 4 years ago, Winchester made some 12 gauge 7/8 ounce shells listed at 1350 fps. I think they were called "Super Speed". Wal Mart sold them. They were good shells that performed well with mild recoil. I think that Federal came out with their version at a slightly faster speed (which really wasn't necessary in my opinion).

For some reason, Winchester apparently quit making these shells. I wish they would make them again.

Easystreet

8. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

Royce10.... I live in the same village as Newbius.... No we are not looking for him....

9. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

Yea, Remington used to sell a black shell with 7/8 oz. of shot doin 1390 at WalMart, which they seemed to replace with a 1 oz. load doing 1290 (still available at WalMart, I believe. I really liked that 7/8 oz. load during dove season, wish I could get a bunch of them, I'm sure the Federals are pretty much the same thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.