1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever patterened a Cutts Spreader at 25 yard

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by riflegunbuilder, Sep 10, 2013.

1. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

Any of you ever patterened a Cutts with a Spreader at 25 yards vs say a WS1? I have considered looking for a Cutts barrel but wondered how the pattern compared to most other skeet chokes?

2. Richiemac78

Richiemac78 Member

Just patterned 12 ga spreader ; pattern was very good at 25 yd but a bit thin at
    30 yd.....no I didn't count pellets and all that stuff. See my post re/ Cutts
    barrel problem . Anyone know where I can get mod or IC tubes : Brownell's catalogs them but tell me all have been discontinued sometime ago. Years ago I had a Model 50 Win with WS-1 choke and as I recall it was a bit on the tight (IC )
    side ...

3. johnpe

johnpe Member

To find Cutts Chokes. For my guns, I just went to the gun shops in my vicinity. I found all I needed for my 12, 20 and 28 gauge guns. They were either free or I paid a nominal amount.

Johnpe

4. kingbilly

kingbilly TS Member

check crv custom arms look under store , he has chokes.

5. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

I shoot both Cutts and a Kolar comp. The Kolar is on an 11-87 12 ga, and has the Kolar Skeet choke. The Lyman Cutts I have has a Spreader, IC, Mod, & Full chokes, and is on a 12 ga 1100. The Spreader is more open that the Kolar Skeet, and the IC is just a bit tighter than the Kolar Skeet. Of them all, the Kolar Skeet gives me the best breaks and I have a couple of 99's and one 100 with it (Skeet, of course). I also have a Standard 20 ga 1100 with a Kolar and Skeet choke, and it performs well, too.

I see Cutts chokes on eBay regularly, although some have an inflated opinion as to their worth. I was able to get an IC for $40 delivered, but that does not happen often.

The IC choke is one of the harder ones to find.

6. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Kolar made S for skeet chokes, and D for doubles chokes.