1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever order wood from Boyds?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bodybuilder, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I ordered a stock from them and got an e-mail conformation on the order but I bought it without registering on their site so tracking does not work. I payed by credit card but haven't seen where they took it out yet. It said the part was in stock. I tried calling them but they just refer you back to their website. Thanks

2. Strega

Strega TS Member

I waited for 6 months, was told 3, finally gave up and cancelled.

3. front242

front242 Member

I did and would never do it again. I called on one of their upgraded wood pieces for an A-5. The woman on the phone held it in her hand and described it to me. I ordered it. 2 weeks later, still no stock. I called and no one could find it nor a record of it ever being shipped. two more weeks and three calls later, it arrived. The finish was completely whacked. There were cracks everywhere. it was horrible. I called and they said they would refinish it if I sent it back. I asked if they could do a gloss finish instead of the matte that was on there and they said "no problem!". Three weeks later, the stock comes back with a matte finish. I was done at that point. I gave it to a local smith to be fitted and it was inletted so deep that there was only so much he could do without really spending a ton of time on it. I told him to just make it work and I shot it as is. It's a little proud in spots but it is functional and looks decent from a distance.

Never again from Boyds.

Their tracking didn't work for me either.

Tim
    F242

4. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Yesterday I received a unfinished Boyds LH laminated thumb-hole stock for my Remington 700. I could not be happier with the fit or the stock. I'm not sure how long it took to arrive as I mentioned I would like to see that stock to a local dealer earlier this year, then forgot all about it till he called saying he had one in. I've had other friends buy rifle stocks from them and have not heard anything bad about the delivery time or the quality.

5. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Twice. Once for a thumbhole trap stock for an 870 (plus forend) and once for a replacement stock for a Savage 99. Both times I had my stock in less than a week from the date I placed the order. Both were just fine.

6. vatrap

vatrap Member

I ordered a Sterling thumbhole stock and forend for an 835, I talked to someone on the phone and had the stock in 3 days.

Good looking wood and a good fit, price was right and customer service was right on target. Good all around transaction, no complaints.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.