1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

anyone ever got jipped on buy a gun off here

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by riss6270, Dec 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riss6270

riss6270 TS Member

0   0   0

Just a question, has anyone ever gotten hooked buying a gun on here. Ever gotten a gun that wasnt in the shape as it was described? You sent money and never recieved the gun. If so what did you do?

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

Once it happens it's already too late.

There are ways to protect yourself. You can check out the other party on the internet, verify his address, etc.

The best thing to do if you are unsure is to have an FFL on each end. It's not likely they would be party to a scam, because that would put their license in jeopardy.

A 3 day (without firing the gun) inspection period is used sometimes and the buyer pays return shipping if not satisfied.

Look before you leap.

HM

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Buy from people KNOWN on this board.. Their reputation on this board means more than a few dollar.. When in doubt.. put a name up here.. We'll tell you quickly..

4. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

0   0   0

I bought a 682x from Chuckles on T.S.com and couldn't be happier with the gun and his dealings.If you buy on here it wouldn't hurt to ask around and inquire about the seller.My oppinion anyway.

Sandy Holehouse.

5. smokinbuck

smokinbuck Member

0   0   0

I dealt with a gentleman from Pa. here on the site and was very pleased with the way he transacted the deal and the gun we dealt on. There will always be a bad apple in the barrel but I think the TS people for the most part are great to deal with.
    Mark

6. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The way I usually sell on this site is this: Deal is usually made via email so both parties have a written record of what is agreed to. I tell my buyers that they may return the gun in same condition as received for any reason. If the gun is not as I've described, I will pay shipping both ways. If it is as described, but the buyer doesn't like it for any other reason, he may return it and he will pay shipping both ways. I think that keeps everybody honest. I also try to buy on the same terms. I did have a fellow call me and tell me that a K32 stock I sold had a hairline crack. I was unaware of it and immediately refunded his cash plus shipping both ways. My fault, why should the buyer be out anything? He returned it promptly. I usually ship the gun when I am told the funds have been sent so the buyer receives it about the same time I receive the funds. Have not been stung yet. I would say that every sale or purchase that I have had on Trapshooters.com has been trouble free. Shooters are usually pretty honest folks. There are a few on here that I would not deal with based on their posts, but they are very few in number. That's my experience. Your mileage may vary. That said, I don't sell to CA, UK or Nigeria.

Bob

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Like Perazzibogbore said - There a lot of good folks on here and I feel it safer than GB but ask and you will find out. We all pretty much know each other. A reputation is worth more than a sale to most of us

8. citadel

citadel Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Ther is no valid reason not to sell into California. I have bought and sold more than 20 shotguns through TS and never had a problem having them shipped into or out of California. Any one who does not sell into California is missing a very active market with many qualified buyers and is simply mis-informed as the real situation. The California special rules and wait times do not impact an out of state seller, then only impact us here in California as there is a 10 day waiting period and that starts after you the seller have the money in your hand.

It could not be simplier. Get the FFL info from the buyer or from his FFL like you do every where else and ship it to the buyers FFL along with a photo copy of your drivers license. Your DO NOT need to use an FFL on your end to ship the gun to California, you DO NOT need to file any additional paperwork, you DO NOT need any additional approvals from the state (unless you ae an FFL yourself then it is one simple form that you can obtain and submit on line. It is dead simple and just like every where else.

As to the sellers on Trapshooters, everyone that I have delt with has been great and there has never been a problem that was not quickly and reasonably resolved to my satisfaction. And it is fun to talk to shooters all over the nation when making a deal.

All the best,
    Doug

9. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

0   0   0

I have purchased several guns and other items on this board. M1A and Motordoc come to mind. Never even a hint of a problem.

I did purchase an item from someone that needed repairs, but I am convinced he didn't know it and I simply repaired the item and moved on. I'd buy from him again.

Bob

10. deadpair51

deadpair51 Member

0   0   0

No, maybe I'm lucky but I have bought several guns thru this site and have always been treated right and have been pleased with my purchases. Jim

11. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I also have purchased and sold many guns on here. Some of very high dollar. I have not had one issue what so ever with my dealings here. For the most part everyone knows who can be trusted on here. If someone gets shafted it usually comes out on here and the world knows. I know there are a few bad apples but so far I have not experienced it.
    Good luck

12. vmthtr in green bay

vmthtr in green bay Member

0   0   0

I got one not up to snuff. Guy accepted it back and we reversed the trade. All it cost me was shipping twice and backround check twice.

13. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Don't leave out Rich Bullard.Jack Swanson,Sootballs (if he ever comes back)Jim Veta..and a host of others.. We really have a bunch of great guys on the board.. if one ever screwed someone.. I'm sure we'd find some metal targets in their rack.. Payback here is brutal.. and we take it all personal.. By the way.. Merlyn is a great source too.. as is Stu Wright,Giacomo Sporting (Dan).. Cole Gunsmithing.. and a call to Doug's Gunsmithing would also be prudent.. Often.. the best buys will come from a "Looking to buy a XXXXXXX " Stuff comes out of the safe for those calls quite often..My dealings with Bill Davis was always flawless..and Tron.. same with Old One Eye Buddy..

14. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

if you search on the user name, you can tell if there are a straight shooter or not....I would not pay attention to what they post on the OT or Politics thread as that everyone likes to rant and blow off steam about anything and everything...I would focus more on what they contribute to the main shooting threads. If they are just there causing grief and being a troll, I would pass on buying anything from them....

15. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I am fairly new to TS.com but, the people I have delt with are "Above Board" & are very helpful if you have Questions. MIA,Smok'n Joe,bt100ed are some of the people I have Corresponded with and have bought (2) guns From bt100ed & was Very impressed with the Guns. Not Well Known On Here But These Guys Made Me Feel Welcome. By The Way If Any Of You Trapshooters Out There Knew Arnold Nix, I was Just Informed He Passed Away In Texas. Joe Whitehurst President New Mexico Trapshooting Association.

16. glenns

glenns Member

0   0   0

I'm a relatively new shooter and I've bought a couple trap guns and a pistol on this site. I've spoken to all the sellers before I purchased and use money orders. Have had excellent results.

You can usually get a feel if the seller is honest via the phone call.

Glenn

17. rustygun

rustygun Member

0   0   0

I've sold,bought and traded on this site, all with good results,guns always were either face to face or ffl, reloaders (5) were luck of the draw and always as described.
    S Hansen

18. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

No problem either coming or going. Great folks here!

19. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Been here 12 years. All deals were picture perfect. Todd

20. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Recently bought an 1187 barrel that was advertised as 28" barrel. When it came it was 25.5" Just ate it rather then sending it back figuring I might end up w/ neither when it was all said and done. And yes, the seller was a regular on here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.