1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else this stupid

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by reddbudd, May 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reddbudd

reddbudd Well-Known Member

While living in N.Y. My home club was 9/10ths of a mile away. We had a league in which you could shoot your scores any time during the league. The stats were figuerd out after the end.

A day or so before the first week I got the bright that I wanted to lower my point of impact. I loosened my rib and cranked it as far as it would go. I go to the club and sign up. Do I shoot a practice? No I go out and shoot for score. I broke a whopping one and it only broke into two pieces. A lot of people had a lot of laughs at my expense.

The thing was it was a handicap league. Through the next month or so I shot the rest of my scores. Since there were no standings to see I never looked at the posted stats. At the party at the end of the league it so happened that with the handicap my last senen or eight scores either were or became twentyfives and the team I was on won the league. Then a couple of guys that thought it was so funny got mad and accused me of planning the whole thing so we could win.

Bud

2. JES

JES Member

I have seen trapers go out and run a twenty five and come back and get out the tools and start adjusting go figure!!!

3. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I love the fact my Ljutic has zero adjustments and no choke tubes.....that would complicate my life too much....

Ron Burr

4. Brad*90T

Brad*90T Member

My 90T has an adjustable comb, but it shoots great the way it is (the gun shoots great not me), so it might as well be fixed.

Brad

5. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

Saw my gun trading buddy break 100 and he immediately went to the pattern board and changed his point of impact. We were on world record pace that morning until this guy on the squad missed on the third trap. Oh, did I mention I was the guy who missed first?

Charlie

6. reddbudd

reddbudd Well-Known Member

I hate to admit it but it took a secondmajor screw up at the Pa. state shoot before I learned that if you are going to make any changes to try them at practice before you shoot for score. I made a big change the night before the singles championship. The next day in the first half I shot 67. I changed back to the way it was before and shot 96 in the second half. Now I leave well enough alone.
    Bud

7. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Shot about half of my first 50 doubles before I realized my choke tubes were still in my pickup. Fortunately, the truck was close so I finished out the round and went running for my vehicle. Putting the chokes in gave me another 9 birds and I ended with a whopping 81 and a red face.

Bob Falfa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.