1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else sore the next day after shoot?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bodybuilder, May 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I've noticed this year that the next day after a shoot my neck and back gets sore. Anybody else go thru this? I'm 47 and have shot since I was 16 but this just started is that part of the getting older stage? Thanks

2. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

Well in fact I am shooting a different gun that does'nt seem to fit me very well, It's an 870Tc and I avg 23 with it and I don't want to put it down. But that very could be the problem.

3. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Don't make it out to be too much. It will go away. Could be something else along with shooting.

4. trapp2012

trapp2012 Member

I just shot a 1,000 round doubles marathon yesterday and I am fine.. But the sun burn from being outside all day hurts like an SoB..

5. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Targetmaster- Why don't you think the gun fits you?

You could add some weight to the gun an 870 does not way much in comparison to many trap guns. Some weight in the stock and in the front of the magazine tube may be all that is needed.

Joe

6. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

Some have said it does'nt fit me because I have a sore cheek after shooting and they say that is because of improper fit.

7. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

Could well be it doesn't fit if your cheek is sore. You also don't mention the loads you are using. But those issues aside, you could be developing arthritis. I got sore for years between my shoulder blades before all the pieces came together (perhaps "fell apart" would be a more appropriate choice to describe the aging process) and I got bad enough in multiple places that I figured out what was going on. So the answer is yes, it could be fit and yes it could be other issues.
    Dave

8. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

9. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

The wife and the dog took a beating this last shoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.