1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else not get a Nikon range finder

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Dr. Honk, Nov 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

Well... I thought I would get up real early and drive over to Dick's to get a range finder.

Dick's advertised a Nikon 550 range finder for $189.00 with a $40.00 mail - in rebate. Guess what? They were out of stock. Since the store opened at 5:00 am and I was there at 5:15 am, they either had very few or none in stock. I guessing none.

Being not to happy, I drove home and got on the Dick's website. They had the same item with free shipping so I tried to order one. The site would not let me order.

Called the customer order line and spoke to a customer service representative.
    " I am sorry sir, we are out of stock on that item".

The sale just started, how in the hell can they be out of stock? I also checked several of the other Dick's stores in my area and they did not have any stock either.

One of the managers is supposed to call me back tomorrow to let me know what he found regarding availability.

Looks like I am contacting the NYS Attorney General;s office on Monday.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Dr. Honk

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Lost leader, they never had?

3. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

I sure do love the Christmas spirit people show, so their children can emulate.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Montgomery wards used to have a sale every so often. the widow shades were a good deal so we diecided to get new ones.

They had 7 to sell. What the hell kind of house has only 7 windows? then they had the propane bottles for my torch, 2 in stock to sell at the sale price.

With the time you have invested you should piss on Dick's leg till he comes across.

HM

5. DanS.

DanS. TS Member

How do these prices compare ?
    http://www.adorama.com/SearchSite/Default.aspx?searchinfo=Nikon%20550%20range%20finder

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Dicks sucks.

One opened up near me, and it's the pits. I've been in there eight times now, and only was able to find anything I needed twice. And one of those I had to convince myself I needed it.

What really miffs me is no .223 hunting ammo. Only FMJ plinking ammo.

7. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Most of the to good to be true sale items are a gimmick to get you in the store. They might have a couple of them for the sale price but are gone by the time the store opens and before you get down down the isle.

8. a budine

a budine Member

Dr. Honk - try Natchess Shooting Supply - I just got a Nikon 550 - reconditioned - for $149.00 - works wonderfully well and is very clear. Good luck - ALB

9. porky

porky TS Member

Honk You should have gotten a rain check and kept the flyer for the Atty General.

10. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I have run into that a couple of times.

Was there when the doors opened ... out of stock.

I demand to talk to the manager, loudly!

In that case they show up quickly!

I ask how can they be out of stock when the doors just opened?

They usually have some BS answer. so I ask where is the nearest public phone as I am about to call State Consumers Affairs!

The look on their face is always priceless!

They quickly offer me the next better model for the same price.

Werks fer me! :)

11. Cray

Cray Member

I went to the store,also, and they were out of them. They gave me a rain check and told me they will call me. In next weeks paper, on sale again! I called the store and "raised hell" why they did not call me. They told me they were going down their lists and they said they will call me when the next order comes in. Two days later they called me and told me they have my rangefinder. I went right to the store and they had it!

PS: In regards to their 50% off on the second box of shells,I have NOT had a problem. We bought several boxes of 10 ga. and 3 inch mags. We saved a lot of money! I live in Western N.Y. area and I have not had the problems with Dicks like so many of you are. Cray

12. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

One time my brother and my sister both got homemade peanut butter cookies but when Mom reached back in the jar there was none left. I'm still hurting over that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.