1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else like me?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FIB, May 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FIB

FIB Member

I shot trap religiously for several years and loved it. I looked forward to league every Tuesday night for shooting and fellowship with my friends. BUT, my job changed and I don't have the flexability that I once had or the extra disposal income. Funny thing is I shot a used BT99 and other used shotguns for years before buying a new BT99 8-9 years ago and I've only shot 5-6 boxes through it. I would still enjoy doing it but some of the thrill is gone. Anyone else like me?

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Nope, no one else likes you. Just your dog. LOL

3. Landshark

Landshark Member

IMHO the best part of any shotgun game is the fellowship. Anytime I can shoot with my friends is a good time.

I used to have a job that demanded too much of my time and I decided to change jobs!

4. kevin a.

kevin a. Member

any interest in selling said bt-99 ?

kevin

5. leadvail

leadvail Member

Nobody likes me either. But I like it when I win, and to win, you have to play....

But I like it when I whip a$$ on em, and I lov shoot-offs.

Bob

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Maybe you better get a new job. What's more important, eating or shooting? LOL

7. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Yes, similar. Took on additional responsibilities at work, became president of the club, started getting health issues(too much stress) and the usual shooting crowd started leaving. All came down to losing interest especially with the health issues. I go back occassionally but the same crowd is not there. Not as much fun. If you want to quit enjoying shooting, get elected as President of the club. Bulge.

8. FIB

FIB Member

Sorry Barrelbulge about the health problems.

9. FIB

FIB Member

Kevin A. not interested in selling the BT99 yet. I hope to get back into it someday.

10. The Stive

The Stive Member

Don't give up. Shoot when you can. Shoot more as your schedule permits.As you
    shoot more you will make new shooting friends. John

11. leadvail

leadvail Member

I was just kidding about not being liked. John's right. Seems that at every shoot, we make new friend's. But you need to have that competitive spirit to want to win to make it interesting

Bob

12. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I've only shot for a year and a half now but I can't get enough of it. If I could I would shoot trap daily.

13. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I could see loosing that drive if maybe i was really really good for a lot of years like some. Since i'm just probably average, i always have a goal. Hell i may never reach the back fence or AAA but sit'n in A and B class gives me a good view.

Its like the hare at the Dog Track type deal for me.

Hope you find something to put the drive back in for ya.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.