1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else have their Grand squadding screwed up?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by perazziboy1, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perazziboy1

perazziboy1 TS Member

I got my email confirmation for my squads for the grand, and they were not even CLOSE to what i asked for. My squad is a 4 man squad, last year it was just 3 of us and we got EXACTLY what i asked for....not so much this year. Wondering if anyone else has had this same problem? I have emailed the ATA, and forwarded the email RJStuart sent me showing what i had asked for. Hopefully this will get fixed. Steve Wolf

2. John55

John55 Active Member

Still waiting to hear from them, and hoping ours turns out better than yours and another person I spoke with last weekend.

3. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

What's wrong with showing up with your squad and signing up at the Grand rather than spending the money to have it done ahead of time? I only ask, because this is my first Grand.

Bryan

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Very long lines the first day or so and being able to get the banks and shoot times one desires.

When you get behind a guy squadding his whole squad for the whole 10 days every Event, you will understand. Then there are shooters in front of him doing the same thing. It can move at a snails pace at times. I actually enjoy the lines meeting and chatting with shooters. Some people hate it.

5. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Well I waited too long so I will show up and experience the "squad" at the Grand. Should be fun. Jake

6. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Waited too long?

Presquadding is open through July 27th.

7. perazziboy1

perazziboy1 TS Member

I hope to get a response soon from the ATA office on this matter, and i hope they can get this fixed for me. If not, what recourse do i have? Steve

8. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Steve -

What was your priority for squadding - start time or bank location? That will make a difference on what you get. If you chose bank location as a priority you probably didn't get late/middle/early per your request.

I got the info back for my squadding and it was just fine, but we chose bank location over time. We had to split up the squad for handicap due to yardage and for every handicap event we are shooting on consecutive squad numbers on adjacent banks, which is ideal.

Your recourse is to go to the squadding desk at the Grand, tell them to release all your positions, and then resquad. No fee to do it there.

Scott

9. perazziboy1

perazziboy1 TS Member

Got my squads fixed today, i asked for bank over time, but i was told the bank (10-13) was full, so some of my squads are on bank 8 or 9. At least were not shooting at 9 am all week. Steve

10. Donm

Donm Active Member

See Steve you should shoot with us. Our times and traps are great. Mid morning and early afternoons. 11-13 on the banks. Couldn't have picked them any better. Dudley did the presquading but I'll be the ATA found out how nice a guy I am and gave us the good stuff.

11. perazziboy1

perazziboy1 TS Member

Don I think they heard about your great doubles win and gave u preferred treatment. :) Congrats on your State title, and thanks for all the hard work last week. Steve

12. Don S

Don S Member

Events, banks and starting times all screwed up on mine.

13. perazziboy1

perazziboy1 TS Member

Yup, same here. Seems like the ATA office is having some issues they need to resolve. I wonder if the "big dog" squads are having the same problems? Steve

14. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Not sure this is an issue with the ATA office.. I was told that Bob Stuart was handling the pre-squading... if so, then the people in the ATA office are out of the picture except for the fact that they get the blame.

15. perazziboy1

perazziboy1 TS Member

The email I got from rjstuart said if your squads are not what you asked for, contact the ATA office. Rjstuart just passes the squadding requests to the Ata if I read the email correct. Steve

16. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

My selections which were for a bank preferance had 11 out of 24 on the wrong banks. I called them and it was straightened out quickly. I would try that rather than e-mail.
    Pat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.