1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else experiencing slow shipments

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nipper, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nipper

nipper TS Member

2-3 day priority mail is average without any guarantee what so ever, yes someone mailed me something monday from n.c. and i am in s.c. and it didnt arrive today as i thought it might..

bill

2. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I think things are sitting around in the post office more these days before actually being sent out. I've noticed it too.

3. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I sent a check to MIA on a Saturday and got an email from him that he received it the following Monday. That was from Virginia to Wisconsin. That was pretty remarkable considering it was over a weekend.

I had a barrel shipped Tuesday from Texas so I'll be interested to see when it shows up.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Mine has been very fast lately. I use nothing but priority mail

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

All has been remarkably fast using Priority Mail!!

6. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

The Postal Service has recently announced that due to the high cost of fuel that they will no longer deliver to an address unless they have enough mail to that area to make it profitable to do so ... I suggest you stop sending mail to places that are to small to justify a timely delivery due to lack of mail ... not your fault and not there fault either ... blame the price of gas.

7. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Got the barrel from Texas today Priority Mail. Two days from Houston to Virginia is excellent service and better than UPS Ground or FedX ground.

8. 5spd

5spd TS Member

Newbus you are on drugs if you even believe that BS.
    They deliver if its 1 letter or 101 letters, city or rural.

I have had no issues with my shipments with Priority mail to my online customers. Theve always recieved them within 4 days max and I ship east & west coast.

9. 5spd

5spd TS Member

walrus,
    RM is held to a different stream than regular mail. Its hand delivered to each station along the way in a special bag with a high security lock and seal, they check the tag, count the mail, re seal it and on it goes until it reaches the final destination, then the customer has to be home to sign for it and must have an ID to insure its the right person, if not its taken back to the PO & held. As the Highest priority mail, its as you stated is accounted for at every PO and clerk, carrier and a tad slower, but accounted for at every step.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.