1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

anyone else et screwed by remmington?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by knutershooter, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knutershooter

knutershooter Member

Sent in my rebate paperwork last June! Still have not seen my rebate check, countless calls to no avail! Will never by them again! Anyone else get screwed?

2. knutershooter

knutershooter Member

Get, sorry!

3. triplea

triplea TS Member

I received all 3 of the Remington rebates that were sent in for our family. They didn't come as quick as Fed and Win ones but still showed up with no problem. Most other people I know sent them in and had received them. We followed the instructions as printed with the correct UPC's and sales receipt.

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

While I feel for everyone who said they had problems... there is something to be said for instant rebates at the Grand shell house!

Jay

5. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me.
    Never again!
    Steve Balistreri

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Jay,

I thought the Winchester rebate at the Grand was a piece of cake. Took my case UPC's into the Winchester Showroom with the form filled out and the lady asked me a few quick questions and then handed me a crisp $100 bill. Beat the hell out of the mail in crap. Of course that only helps the ones fortunate enough to have been able to make the trip. I hope they do like that again this year.

7. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

Remington screwed me out of $100

Oscar

8. shoottilithurts

shoottilithurts Member

remington got me good. i sent them 31 proof of purchase, and it took them 2 weeks to send me $100. they cant do anything right. milt luther

9. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I have gotten every rebate check from Remington I ever applied for. It does take 2 or three months, but I mark my calendar when I mail them and check them off when I get them. Like said, they are pretty slow, I just got the rebate for the promotion on Deer slugs and I sent that in before Thanksgiving.

I know that does not make the men that didn't get theirs feel any better, but I do not think the program is a scam.

10. kenf

kenf Active Member

Believe it or not, Remington tracked me down for a rebate they issued to me, but I never cashed. This was about two years or so after I applied for a rebate on a 700 I bought.

11. federal paper

federal paper TS Member

No more for me. can you say silver bullet? At this point I;d pay 75.00 for winnies before I;D Pay 50.00 for the other brand.

12. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I got my rebate..

The big question is....Did you fill out and send the rebate according to the instructions? Are you sure?

13. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Again, not to rub it into anyone who has had problems, but when I apply for a rebate of any "sizable" amount, through USPS mail... they all go to a PO Box - nobody is watching that - I send Certified Mail ($2)... you get a receipt upon submission and the tracking number for delivery confimation that you follow on-line... some might question that wisdom, but when you call and say "I have a receipt for delivery"... you get a response...

Something I do for any rebate of $25 or more... at least IMO... rather get the 90%+ than zilch...

Jay

14. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

That'll show you says Remington. We won't even issue rebates this year. Go Federal!!

15. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Rebates are only as good as the co that put them out. I hate rebates because you have to wait so long to get them if you do get them.

16. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

We bought new STS shells at NYS homegrounds and Ed wrote us a reciept. We got a return saying it wasnt acceptable. Well let me tell you you dont wanna piss in my sweeties coke! She got right on the phone with Remington NYS Homegrounds and ATA and it got sorted out, we got out money.

We will never buy Remington shells again with rebates in mind. If thats what we want and we can afford them fine. But a cheap Top gun can bust em from the 16 any day.

Jerry Lewis

17. psfive

psfive Member

Why don't they just lower the price of the shells and forget the rebate. They would sell more everyday at a lower price. Save all the work of getting the rebates back to the shell purchasers or not. Make everyone happy and no one is pi$$ed off. Paul in Nebraska.

18. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

You have to do everything perfect, however, the mailer they use is easily confused with junk mail.

It looks exactly like that junk you receive from Globe life ins. co. and others.

Regards.....Gerald

19. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Since the bankers took over they have become the worst!

20. Smokechaser

Smokechaser TS Member

It doesn't appear that any of the big 3 (Federal, Winchester, and Remington) are offering rebates this year, or so it seems. If I remember correctly, the rebates last year began a few months into the new year. Has anyone heard anything about a rebate for 2012?

I suppose a guy could buy a few flats (I usually purchase 10 flats of Federal Gold Medal Paper) and then wait on the rebates, if they even are offered. I need the ammo anyway, so it really doesn't make a difference one way or the other. I did like receiving the $100 check nevertheless.

I like shooting Federal Gold Medal Paper shotshells for ATA registered events, and the scoring round at our local clubs. I use my reloads for any practice or training otherwise. I just feel more confident when I shoot those paper hulls, especially the Gold Medals. Plus you can't pass on that wonderful aroma they produce on those warm/humid summer days. I understand that might sound a bit 'off-the-rocker', but that's between me and my olfactory sniffers.......cya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington screwed me