1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone duplicating remington's Nitro27 load?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sporting clay, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sporting clay

sporting clay Member

Anyone duplicating remington

Is anyone duplicating the Nitro 27 load? I haven't located data for a 1 1/8 oz. 1235fps in a Remington hull.

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Tite Group is said to be as close as you can get. Look in the loading manual, I think 18.5 gr but check it out.

3. ben there

ben there Member

21 gr green dot rxp wad rem primer sts hull

cant tell the diff from 27 yds on chrno or shooting

john

4. DoRaMa

DoRaMa Member

4170 N. Gun Powder Circle, Hastings NE 68901
    Titegroup is the powder. So follow the Hodgdon data.

You just can't get the OEM primer they use.

Kevin

5. bigben

bigben Active Member

Original factory nitro 27, 21.7 gr. International clays, all Rem, primers, fig-8 wads STS hulls, 1255 fps, 9100 pressure newer Nitro 27 18.5 gr. Tite-group powder, all Rem components tgt-12 wad , 1235 fps, incinerate em!

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Rem. hull - Rem fig 8 wad - win. 209 primer - 23.3 gr Hodgdon Universal - 1 1/8 oz of Mag 7 1/2's = 1235 fps. I even think this load is less recoil than the original from Remington.

The powder load is in between published data but I had called Hodgdon and it is perfectly acceptable as long as you don't go over the Max load published. The rep stated you could figure your speed by calculating the grains in between published data and adding them up to the desired speed.

Bill

7. DoRaMa

DoRaMa Member

4170 N. Gun Powder Circle, Hastings NE 68901
    If you use a DR XL-1 it will run 15 to 20 fps faster than the OEM RT12. The DRRT12 is faster than the OEM and a tick slower than the XL-1 green. With no problem with chamber pressure.

Sorry I have spent many hours playing with this load in the ballistic lab.

Kevin @ 402-463-3145

8. 2500 HD

2500 HD Active Member

Ben There thats what I use. I like it

9. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thanks for the info Kevin, that's the kind of posts we need more of on this site. Harv

10. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

I had trouble following the Thread here.......not surprising!! So what was decided here for the Handicap load? International Clays, Universal Clays, IMR-PB, or was it Green Dot. I guess they all work!!

11. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thanks for the info Kevin, that's the kind of posts we need more of on this site. Harv

12. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

I had trouble following the Thread here.......not surprising!! So what was decided here for the Handicap load? International Clays, Universal Clays, IMR-PB, or was it Green Dot. I guess they all work!!

13. John55

John55 Active Member

I started a thread about this last week. My search finally led to me International Clays, which was the original powder used by Remington in the Nitro 27 shell. There are several powders mentioned that will get you there and after using most of them I settled on the IC for several reasons.

14. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Just curious---I only use Red-Dot---Can't I get to the same result? I don't want to have different types of powder---RD has always treated me great over many yrs----Thanks for a reply----SJB

15. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Alliant does not show a 1235 only 1250 and using same factory components use 21 Grs Green Dot gives 1250fps'

Green Dot is known for a tight pattern.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

16. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

southjblue.......I looked on the Alliant website and the fastest load I could find for Red Dot was 1200fps.

Anything over that would be concidered unsafe in my opinion.

Bill

17. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Thanks Bill---I'm going to give them a call---i'll let you know if they gime answer----George

18. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

George, Alliant will give you the answer to your Red-Dot question, it will be Bills answer too. The top of the Red-Dot chain, as great a powder as it is, stops at 1200 fps for safe chamber pressures.

If your wanting a 1-1/8th ounce load at a bit more than that, Green-Dot is next in line with Alliant powders and will get your load there, safely.

Hap

19. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Thanks Hap----For yrs I'v used RD even back at the 27yd and would smoke tgts

I'm not near there anymore but play back there at times----I did note Kayhoes using the Rem nitro @ the 27---Tells me something----George

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.