1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Duck hunted in OK

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by clayshtr, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clayshtr

clayshtr Member

I am thinking about going to Oklahoma duck hunting and was wondering if someone knows a good guide they would recommend. Any help would be appreciated.

2. coot shooter

coot shooter Member

I hunt there every year with Smokin' Fowl Guide service.
    Here is his website address:
    www.smokinfowlguideservice.com
    Cody is great. He will put you on both ducks and geese. Fantastic hunts!!

Here is his phone # as well -
    580-678-4134

Tell him "Big Mike" from Wisconsin sent you

3. coot shooter

coot shooter Member

I am leaving for OK on 12/26. Will hunt with Smokin' Fowl for 4 days .... Cody said that they are loaded with both ducks and geese right now. Both Fort Cobb and Hackberry are holding major amounts of birds.

I will post the results when I get back.

Mike

4. atadams77

atadams77 Member

I am from and grew up hunting ducks in OK. The beautiful thing about OK hunting is all the public land. There are tons of lakes and most produce good amounts of birds. The best of all lakes is Fort Cobb Lake. Located near Carnegie OK, in Caddo country west of OK city. The north part of the lake is accessible with plenty of sluegths that produce many birds. I have been to many OK lakes and have fairly decent knowledge where to find birds. Let me know if you have any questions. Good Luck.

5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I think Buddy Hackett used to hunt ducks in Oklahoma. You better watch this video before you go...

-Gary

6. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

"sky buster, okla. has some of the most beautiful lakes in the U.S.of A.

jack mc"

OK is one of the two states I have not visited yet, but I find the above statement less than credible. To me, the most beautiful lakes involve mountains, i.e. Idaho, Montana, Colorado, Wyoming, Alaska. Even Crater Lake in Oregon or Lake Tahoe in NV/CA must surpass anything OK has to offer.

7. tulsey

tulsey Member

Oklahoma has more lakes created by dams than anyother state. Something over 200.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.