1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ANYONE DONE BUISNESS WITH WC TRAPMAN?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Tracer, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Tracer

Tracer Member

HAS ANYONE DONE ANY BUISNESS WITH WC TRAPMAN KNOWN AS DAVID GLENN BOYD. I AM HAVING TROUBLE COMMUNICATING WITH HIM AFTER PAYING FOR A RIFLE AND SENDING FFL. HIS ADDRESS IS IN ROCK ISLAND TN ON OLD ROCK ISLAND ROAD.
    THANKS DEL

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Ought oh. This is not good at all.

That dude is a scammer. There was several threads about this lowlife some time ago.

3. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

a member since 2007 scammer?? He maybe just a little laxed?

Jim

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Hate to tell you, but you got scammed. Call the USPS, ATF, and whoever issued the payment as quickly as possible at open of business tomorrow.

WC Trapman sent me a message a couple weeks ago about a Krieghoff barrel I was looking for. Basically copy/pasted my description to describe what he "had". Only problem was he indicated the barrel had both screw in and fixed choke barrels. Not 100% sure if he was a scammer (I hadn't recalled seeing that name in the scammer notices before), or just didn't know what he had, I asked him to send pics. He sent me pics of a 34" unsingle (I was asking for, and he said he had, a 30" over/under barrel). I stopped communicating with him @ that point.

Doubt it helps, but the email I have for him is wctrapman@live.com

5. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Did you talk to him on the phone?

6. Tracer

Tracer Member

Thanks everyone for the comeback. I usually don't have a problem trusting the guys on TC. He had some really good pictures of the rifle I wanted. Guess I should have checked him out better. Didn't get a phone number or FAX number. It's hard to loose $650 and not be upset about it. Wish he were a local person. David Boyd probably isn't his real name anyway. I wanted the rifle as a gift for a young man that had his stolen.

Have a great day all. Del

7. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

What kind of payment did you use ? CANCEL Payment now! Even bank and cashier checks. Jeff

8. Tracer

Tracer Member

He wanted a money order. I am going to follow up on this. I need all the info I can get. I would say he sold out his xxxx pretty cheaply.
    Thanks, Del

9. 9manfan

9manfan Well-Known Member

This type of crime seems to happen way too much, isn't there any way these dirtbags can be caught, you would think tracking them down wouldn't be that hard....

10. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Tracer:

You have a PM.

DoubleAuto

11. wjm5806

wjm5806 Member

I had posted here that I was looking to buy a 20 ga barrel and he responded to it. It looked funny to me because he kept stating that he had both a 30" and 32" barrel, even sent me pictures of them. we exchanged emails for several days and I just felt like something was not right. I had to ask him 4 or 5 times for a name and address to send payment to and he sent me this...
    To: wjm
    Sent: Mon, Jul 8, 2013 8:44 am
    Subject: RE: 30" or 32" 20 GA F3 Blasser barrel for sale

Would also need your Name and address and also

Here is my contact information and also my mailing address

Name : David Glenn Boyd

Address : 3337 Old rock island rd rock island TN 38581

Mail it via USPS priority mail Money Order

So after I did not answer him he kept emailing me and I finally told him I was not buying anything from him...last I heard from him.
    Bill

12. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

"............ you would think tracking them down wouldn't be that hard...."

Feel free to jump in and track 'em down then. They get away with it so often because they are good at it. Often buyers ignore subtle warning signs but the good scammers don't leave many hints.

I hope they catch the lowlife bastard but unfortunately, they seldom do.

13. Tracer

Tracer Member

Hello David and others,
    I did post my email as stupid as it sounds. He is in the data base. The problem is being cared for very well at this time. I will update you all later.
    Thanks, Del

14. 9manfan

9manfan Well-Known Member

"............ you would think tracking them down wouldn't be that hard...."

Feel free to jump in and track 'em down then

well, I was just thinking when a check is sent to a certain address, someone has to pick it up....

15. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

16. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

17. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

18. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

suggest you type that name into Google. You'll find all kinds of info under that name in Rock Island TN. Good luck.

blade819

19. Gold Medal

Gold Medal Member

Finding this bird may be easier than you think.

I typed his name in U.S. search.com and got a hit. You can do the same and determine which report you want. From this report you can get a phone # and whatever else you care to pay, for a minimal fee

Secondly, type his address in Google Earth and you will come up with a remote single-family dwelling in rural Tennessee.

The picture of the house in Tennessee, assuming it is his real address and not a relative/friends postal drop, indicates this man if living there, may not move from one address to another frequently. Reason --- remoteness of area and no funds, otherwise why would he be scamming.

If he does not live there, someone at the address knows him. He gets mail there.

Then call the Sheriffs office in the county where the address is and relate your story along with any info you develop. He may already be know to the department.

As Skeet Man said notify the USPS if you sent a postal money order. Otherwise notify the originator of the money order.

Hope this helps you. I despise these scammers.