1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone do business with Denli wood?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by little gambler, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

Has anyone had an expierence with this wood dealer?? Good/Bad/Ugly???

I'm a little skeptical about sending a wire transfer for some turkish walnut. However these guys have some expensive and awesome stuff.

2. Guy

Guy Member

I've bought a couple of sticks from them.....everything went fine.....it was weird wiring money to a bank in London, but wood arrived in 4 or 5 days Fedex. I'd say the one thing to do is to make sure you tell them you want a true matching forend......sometimes it's not the case....have them send a pic.

One more thing....make sure you know how a blank should lay out.....some of their stuff was cut by a dope.

3. high 2

high 2 Member

I`ve bought several pieces from him. Makes it tough to wire 8 grand to someone from the middle east. I agree with WGH about matching forends. Had to send me a couple more. He does have some great wood. Prices used to be a lot better. Larry

4. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Adam at Luxus has Turkish wood and he is an advertiser here.

5. little gambler

Below is the blank that I have been looking at, I believe that it has the forearm in it. I also think that the grip has straight enough grain it as well. Any thoughts?? I've looked all over the place, this blank seems to be the one that calls my name. I'm just leary to be the first person burned by wiring money across the pond...... Thanks to all who responded. l.g.
    [​IMG]

6. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

I had good luck buying from them. No problems what so ever. Just make sure that the blank you order has the proper dimensions for your particular project. That blank you picked may not be big enough to supply the proper fore end even though it's drawn that way.

Ask for a matching fore end even though that one might work. He'll send it too you. BTW if you ask he can send you a list of legitimate references. You'll be surprised at some of the names.

7. byteme

byteme TS Member

Little gambler, great looking blank. If you proceed please show us the finished stock, it should be outstanding. Who is going to turn your wood?

8. dcmulcahy

dcmulcahy Member

Buy with confidence. You will get what you pay for. I have bought many. Dan

9. Doubles/Bob

Doubles/Bob TS Member

Another place that has great wood,you can talk to them and they are located in the USA. Take a look at "Hunter Bid" I am happy with my purchase.

Regards
    Bob

10. little gambler

Well I was informed this am that this blank was sold a couple of weeks ago....back to square one. I have looked at a truckload of wood these past few weeks.

byteme, I am probably going to have either Stocker John in OR, or Malcom Smith in CA. Malcom has just purchased a state of the art, computerized machine that does checkering as well. I just need what I have already duplicated.

11. turmite

turmite Member

+1 for Adam at Luxus. He is a stand up guy and they have some great wood. In addition, they oversee their own wood harvesting in Turkey.

Mike

12. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Where can Malcolm Smith be contacted?

13. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

How about Mike Lupold in Polson, MT? John

14. little gambler

Wireguy, check your pm's

15. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Make sure the blank is thick enough also- that would be a great looking blank assuming it was thick enough and no internal defects

regards from Iowa

Gene

16. little gambler

Cy-Kick, I went back and looked over the Luxus site, I found something that I think will work, If the deal works out, I will post the blank/blanks I purchase and then show the final product. I have to say the guys at Luxus are very good at responding to emails/questions/and getting more pic's of stuff back to me.

I know the Denli is across the globe from where I am at, but in this day and age, it seems the replies were slow, and showing wood that was sold two weeks ago pissed me off enough to keep business more local. l.g.

17. redhawk

redhawk Member

Where are your stock duplicator's located?

18. little gambler

Eagle Creek Oregon for Stocker John
    Malcom Smith in the Los Angles area.

19. little gambler

Here is the blank that I am purchasing from the guys at Luxus. They were very nice and communication was excellent.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.