1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone dealt with Dupont Krieghoff?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by andybull, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andybull

andybull Active Member

Hal is a stand up guy.

Andy Baez

2. erock_germany

erock_germany Member

Tried. Failed. Prices are higher than everywhere else even on the used stuff and ancient stuff they have had around for years.

Know market prices before you buy there...

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

If you're not afraid to pay retail plus go with Hal. A great business guy but pricey!!

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I bought my first K-80 from him in 1991 at the Grand. Called him up about 2 weeks later asking about a Crown Grade that I liked. About 5 days later the Postman delivered it to my door. The note inside told me to try it for a couple of weeks and if I like it buy it if not send it back.

If a guy can trust someone to send them a $13,000 dollar gun then he can be trusted. Very nice people. Mike.

5. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I bought my K-80 TS from them. Fantastic to work with and fast service. I did price around and for me they were right on the market. They were the only dealer that would sell me just the iron and barrels. I'm a lefty and wanted my own custom wood. I dealt with Pam at that time. Now she's with Alamo. Dave T.

6. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

Kemble Dupont is a nice person to deal with.

7. grl

grl Member

May not be the cheapest around, but they stand behind their guns and have great customer service. If you have a problem, you'll be glad you dealt with them.

8. illtrap1

illtrap1 Member

What kind of K-80 barrel are you looking for I have one that was bought from him,Less than 1000 shells through it it is 30" O/U fixed choke imp and full it is back bored from factory no porting # 2 hanger, I might save you alot of money,it is a standard grade not a special,nice barrel,if interested PM me or any one interested, Dan from Illinos

9. Mapper

Mapper Member

Of all the people I have had gun dealings with in the last 60 years, DuPont, Ned Berlet and Tron are the tops, in no particular order.

10. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Here is the deal: If the prices are higher than others, the selling point is personalized service. Meaning, some people don't mind overpaying if they are treated courteously, etc. Money is no object to them......

However, some people do not have unlimited funds and shop around for reasonable prices and adequate service.....

To each his own, but, there are other places with better prices.....

11. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

They are not the lowest price, but they do have a great inventory to choose from.

12. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

illtrap

"back bored from the factory" Define back bored in diameter

Define factory

Did they represent this as a barrel that came like that from germany new?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

13. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

I have bought 3 guns from Hal over the past 10 years. The selection of receivers, barrels, and wood is incredible. Every deal was a pleasant experience and the service afterwards was excellent.

Besides all that, I have known Hal for more than 20 years and he is a true gentleman.

JMHO

Jim C

14. atanra

atanra Member

Hal is a very nice gentleman. The 1st year I had my KS5 I was at Vandalia walking to the line. Hal was out front and asked me how I liked my gun.He said I would need a hat in the sun on the line. "let me get you one of mine" . I told Hal I did not buy my gun from him he said no problem you support Kreighoff you support me. He gave me a hat that day and told me when it needed to be replaced come get another one. The next year at the grand he flagged me down took me to his office and gave me a replacement. His hat became my favorite hat .Loved the Logo and Always liked advertising for a nice gentleman.

15. Erik W

Erik W Member

Another high 5 for Hal!!!

16. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

DuPont/Krieghoff are good folks. Also, most folks don't know some of the good things they have done for the clay target sports over the years.....

Two comments about pricing:

1) Lowest price is not always the best price.

2) You get serious about buying a gun; du Pont will get serious about price.

Mike

17. johnboy

johnboy Member

I brought a trap barrel for a 32 several years ago from DuPont. Great transaction, friendly staff. Only later did I notice that the invoice serial number and serial number on the barrel did not match. Not really a problem as the barrel was sold to me as new and certainly appeared to be new. I talked to a staffer later about this and never did receive a satisfactory answer. Other than that I would not hesitate dealing with DuPont again.

18. lboh

lboh Member

Not personally but a weekly shooting partner had a great experience.

He was looking for his next gun and they let him take 2 guns worth over $20k without a credit card or anything to try out. Let him keep them a bit longer as he tried to make the final decision

19. dt10john

dt10john Member

I have dealt with Hal and he is great.

My Father bought a Remington 3200 from him in 1995 and still to this day he remembers me. I didnt even buy the gun. What does that tell you?

And it wasn't even a K Gun.

20. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Hal DuPont is a very smart business men ... What more can you say or needs to be said ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

kemble dupont krieghoff